Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· ?????
241 Posts
looks like i will be ordering those flex fire strips today! thanks for the pics.

I notice you said you placed 2 strips of the cheap amazon strips on the headlights, on the flex fire its only 1 strip correct?

and if at all possible, can you get a picture of the flex fire leds out in direct sunlight?

· ?????
241 Posts
In those comparison pics there is only 1 strip inside for both the Amazon and Flexfire strips.

It's dark when I get home from work and a sunny day is pretty rare this time of year. If there's sun this weekend I'll try to get a pic.
Good looking out, take your time.
From your experience, do you think the strips will fit through the socket without cutting / baking open the headlights to insert? if the strips are too wide i may purchase these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-thin-...x-SMD-LED-STRIP-Ribbon-Flexible-/370792475822

only 5mm in width compared to 10mm of the flex fire. I'm not planning on baking open my headlights and also would like to avoid cutting anything if possible. What do you think?

· ?????
241 Posts
Both of the ones I used fit easily through the socket hole. Once through the hole there's quite a bit of space for them to move around though, so be warned they might want to move around in there and not sit at exactly the right spot. You won't have much control over where they sit unless you do what one of the other members did and adhere them to a metal strip that gives them some rigidity.
yeah.. that was my main concern,, I'm not sure how I'm gonna get them to sit in the middle of the strip.. its gonna be a mission.

· ?????
241 Posts
just got these in http://www.ebay.com/itm/121085460665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and i must say.. they are bright! much brighter than any led strip i have seen, and best thing about it.. it is PURE white, no tint of blue at all. which will match all my 4300k HID. i was afraid it might of been false advertisement when it says 1200-1400 lumen per foot. but i guess it really is that bright. gonna be putting them in my strip light socket soon. when i gather all the materials and information i need.
also.. these strips are super thin and small so they will fit in the strip light socket with no problems. only problem would be to get them to stay in place.

· ?????
241 Posts
That's good to hear. I actually ordered a roll of those yesterday. Did they actually get to you in less than a week with the standard shipping? That's good news if that's the case. I have some time to play around while I'm sending my projectors out to be modified. I used my Flexfire ones for something that I ended up not liking. Sounds like they are the same as the Flexfire ones except these are 5mm wide and the FF are 10mm wide. BTW, I think they're 1200-1400 lumen per meter, not per foot.

I don't think they'll be too bright at night, but if they are, the module I'm using for DRL has a wire I can hook up to the low beams which will turn them off when the low beams are on. I think they can be dimmed, but the wiring to make that happen might be more difficult.
your right, i was confused for a moment. for some reason i thought it was sold in foot. but yes it is 1200-1400 per meter. and it arrived to me in about a little over 1 week. ordered it on dec 12, got to me on the 23rd

I'm hoping they are not blindingly bright at night as well, i will have to find a way to dim them if they are..

· ?????
241 Posts
How do these lights perform when undervolted?

My only concern would be that these lights do not work at anything besides the full 12V, making them blindingly bright for night time driving, or not functioning at all when the low beams kick in.
ill test it with a dc power supply i have at my work to see if they operate at 6 volts. will update with results.

· ?????
241 Posts
thinking about purchasing this harness

anyone has any opinions on it? i like the fact that it has extra wires for extra features

+1 lights will stay on for 25 seconds after you turn off the car. ( i like to stare at them as im walking away from my car)
+2 reduce %30 brightness on the DRL strip if i need it.
+3 flashing with signal lights.

about to pull the trigger on this. looks like a really good deal.

· ?????
241 Posts
The one I have is basically the same except without the dimming option and it seems to work well so far. I just have it hooked up to the regular led T10 bulb I currently have in the strip light. I bought new connectors from honda so it plugs right into strip light socket.

I'm worried about a couple things though. The wires are so tiny and it's only rated for 15W. When I tested both of my flex fire led strips together they were using like 16.8 watts so I'm going to be right at the limit. Also it's cheap Chinese junk so I'm worried about long term reliability. I'm looking at other options but I'll probably end up using it until it dies and then look for another option at that time.
can you link the one you have?

· ?????
241 Posts
Those are the only ones I can find in that density (600 chips per 5m) but that economy shipping takes forever unlike the epacket on the 3014 ones we ordered. I'm going to pass on these cuz I think the 3014 strips will be sufficient plus I feel like heat might start becoming an issue at some point.
+1
I felt the same, since i already purchased the 3014. the strips actually came faster than 1 week. i ordered it on friday and received it that following monday. quite fast.
any chance to take pics of the flexfire in the strip light outside in direct sunlight?

· ?????
241 Posts
thats gonna be my last resort lol due to the price on it.. i was also looking into the TRS cob led strip price fairly the same.. but I'm just looking into cheap alternatives for now to see how it turns out.

i really want to see some picture of those strips close up on the car ( not powered up) and pics of them in direct sunlight, like what gearhead did a few posts up from here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.