Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to see what amps & subs people are running.
i've recently purchased some polk audio db561s and i am looking for a 10" sub and 5 channel amp to finish off the package.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
I have a Phoenix Gold SD800.5 for sale if you're interested. Thing is a monster and sounds great

2014 Sport Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
33 Posts
looking to see what amps & subs people are running.
i've recently purchased some polk audio db561s and i am looking for a 10" sub and 5 channel amp to finish off the package.
I'm looking to do the same thing in my car. I'm looking at either Alpine 6.5" components or the Polk's, and a Alpine PDX-V9 5 Channel Amp. I just want something with a good sound, not something that is going to rattle my doors off the car!

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is one powerful amp!!
i went thru the other thread....just thought having one specifically for 5 channel amps would help

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I have a 5 channel 1100w MB Quart amp with Audio Control lc7i custom mounted on the under the rear deck, 8" MB Quart sub custom mounted under the passenger seat, and 200w 2-way 6.5" MB Quart speakers all round. Sounds is extremely clean... My brother says it sounds as good as his $95k 2013 BMW 750li's Bang & Olufsen 16 speaker system.

Attachments

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been looking at buying a lightly used amp
JL audio 700/5. the guy is asking $300 which seems ok given that its been used for abut 6 months and the price new is about $600-$650
what are some of the things i should look for, if any, when buying a used amp other than cosmetics??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alpine in accord

I have a 5 channel amp (pdxv-9) in my accord sport. I also replaced the stock speakers with alpine type r's. I also have a type r 12 for extra bass. It sounds clean and is louder than I expected it to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a 5 channel amp (pdxv-9) in my accord sport. I also replaced the stock speakers with alpine type r's. I also have a type r 12 for extra bass. It sounds clean and is louder than I expected it to be.
Is the amp under one of your front seats? I am looking to get a small foot print alpine amp to be out out of the way as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 5 channel 1100w MB Quart amp with Audio Control lc7i custom mounted on the under the rear deck, 8" MB Quart sub custom mounted under the passenger seat, and 200w 2-way 6.5" MB Quart speakers all round. Sounds is extremely clean... My brother says it sounds as good as his $95k 2013 BMW 750li's Bang & Olufsen 16 speaker system.
To install your LOC I'm the trunk did you run speaker wire from the dash where you tapped in the radio harness for signal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alpine amp

It is mounted in the trunk against the back seat. You could probably squeeze it under the front seat if you wanted too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm leaning towards the exact same setup, except going with a 10" sub! Did you use the 6 1/2" component "Type-R" in the front door and the 6 1/2" coaxials in the rear? What type of box did you use for the 12" Type-R sub? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey as far as the Alpines go, how was the fitment of both the door speaker and tweeter. Any mods have to be done? Did you need a spacer. How was the sound? Many people have used polk and I was thinking of bucking the trend and going with alpine but need to know if it is worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stereo

I used 6 1/2 coaxial for both front and back. I think they sound great. No modification was necessary. For the difference between Polk And Alpine I cannot comment. I know Polk is a quality name but I have not heard them. Both are a huge upgrade.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
To install your LOC I'm the trunk did you run speaker wire from the dash where you tapped in the radio harness for signal?
Yes, I ran 5 wires from the i-MID (remote and front speakers) to the trunk then ran the front speaker wires back to the front after the amp. I just tapped into the rear speakers that are on either side of my setup to reduce wiring. After all is said and done you cannot see any of my wiring, units, or sub and it didn't steal any of my storage space or spare :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my new 2014 Sport a few days ago and have a bunch of stereo equipment that I never installed in my Tundra. I am now thinking about installing it in the Accord instead. I am a little lost on this ANC issue though??

Anyway, I have two Alpine amps (a mono and a 4 channel), Audio Control LC7i, Rockford Fosgate 4gauge dual amp install kit, one pair of Polk DB6501 components, and 200' of OFC 16 gauge speaker wire. Everything is brand new too.

I was thinking of starting with an install this week, but I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some diy's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just got my new 2014 Sport a few days ago and have a bunch of stereo equipment that I never installed in my Tundra. I am now thinking about installing it in the Accord instead. I am a little lost on this ANC issue though??

Anyway, I have two Alpine amps (a mono and a 4 channel), Audio Control LC7i, Rockford Fosgate 4gauge dual amp install kit, one pair of Polk DB6501 components, and 200' of OFC 16 gauge speaker wire. Everything is brand new too.

I was thinking of starting with an install this week, but I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some diy's.

Amp wiring
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77089

Detailed areas on wiring install
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79953

ANC disconnect. Takes 15 mins. I just removed the trim pcs on console. Dropped the pocket hole. Stick hand in there and disconnected. Without it disconnected the sub will have constant reverb.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79501

1 - 18 of 18 Posts