Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the web for a 5 pin Honda connector to fit an ambient light switch that I have. The plan is to make an ambient light system that works by the switch and also turns on and fades out with the dome light when the doors are opened and closed. Anyone have a place I should look at? I know I can check the junk yards for a match, but would like some info on that also. Do you know if the connector for the VSC OFF switch is the same, where on a newer Honda I should look for this connector.
If you have made this type of ambient light setup your input and ideas would be welcome info. Did you get your ambient light to dim with the dash lights or not, and should I look to make that one thing it should do? Where is a good location to pick up the signal for the dimming of the lights?
Thanks for your input and help.

Attachments

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I have the OEM ambient light kit installed. In the stock setup, which I use, they only come on with the headlights. I'll check this evening if the VSA harness connector is the same as the ambient light one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a connector yesterday at a local yard, I stopped at a 7th gen Civic that had all of the dash removed and there is was, the connector for the hazard light switch and it is a perfect fit.
More to come on my ambient light setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts