Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I don't really know the difference between the two. What do you guys recommend on the hids? I'm looking to purchase a kit from xenondepot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got 5k in my projector headlights and they look pretty awesome!
Its white light with a hint of blue. It looks very clean and im glad i got 5k and not 6k, although im not sure how blue 6k is.:scratch:

edit: I'll try to post a pic when the sun goes down in a little bit

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
1500 Kelvin. 4300K is white lower number ie 3000K is warmer and higher is cooler and bluer. 5000K is still fairly white, but 6500K is slightly blue and puts out less usable light

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the factory lights but I miss the hids from my old acura Tl-s. If 5000k puts out better visible light I'd rather go with that.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
I like the factory lights but I miss the hids from my old acura Tl-s. If 5000k puts out better visible light I'd rather go with that.
4300K puts out the most usable light. All OEM HID's are 35W 4300K

·
Registered
722 Posts
5k...thats wut i have

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have 6k and its not really "blue" it just has a slight tint of blue but its mainly a crisp clean white.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
The color is to your preference. But since you liked the factory HID and want to most usable light, 4300K is for you.

·
Cruising da Garden State
72 Posts
4300k on my headlights and fogs

·
That's what she said
686 Posts
I regret not getting 5000k or less. My 6000K is good, but the closer you get to 4300k the better light output.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
What about if you want yellow hid for foglights .... is their a certain K???
3000K - yellow
4300K - slightly off-white (sunlight)
5000K - pure white
6000K - white with tiny hint of blue
>8000K - blue and bluer lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, so on xenondepot website they have two different hids? I was just going to go with the volt hid digital kit but what is the difference with those and the xtreme digital hids. Price is $94.00 and $174.00. Which one did you guys choose?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
ok, so on xenondepot website they have two different hids? I was just going to go with the volt hid digital kit but what is the difference with those and the xtreme digital hids. Price is $94.00 and $174.00. Which one did you guys choose?
Since DA members get the relay free, the only difference is Volt is made in Taiwan and the other is made in Japan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been talking to steve a XD about this....the more expensive ones have a processor that monitors constant output of the lights in real time..so they stay more consistent...at least that is one of the things i was told

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Let's not forget each kit/bulb will have slightly different color even if they are all same temperature. I have 5000k HID but it's probably closer to 4300k in color.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts