Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Resident Critic
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to upgrade the battery in my wife’s 07 I4 from a 51R to a 35.

I ordered the battery tray, battery cover, larger ground cable, new tie-down, both J-Hooks and both nuts from Honda for $128.43.

For the battery, I used a Kirkland 35 AGM, which was $179.99.

Everything fits securely, but it is tight. I think the V6’s wiring harness and air box are slightly different in this area.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

Automotive battery Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Gas Automotive fuel system

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure the 35 AGM + 4 cyl will be a nice combo in the winter.

I've always wondered about the V6 battery box and the I4 wiring harness. You bought the 06-07 V6 battery box (31521-SDB-A10), correct? I think the 03-05 V6 box (31521-SDB-A00) is a little more slim without that extra molding on the front passenger corner, but it looks like the wiring harness clip is in the same location on both.

Attachments

· Resident Critic
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure the 35 AGM + 4 cyl will be a nice combo in the winter.

I've always wondered about the V6 battery box and the I4 wiring harness. You bought the 06-07 V6 battery box (31521-SDB-A10), correct? I think the 03-05 V6 box (31521-SDB-A00) is a little more slim without that extra molding on the front passenger corner, but it looks like the wiring harness clip is in the same location on both.
This was my parts list.
Font Screenshot Darkness Number Circle

· Registered
2013 Accord Sport CVT
101 Posts
Did a 35 to 24F on my Canadian accord with new hold down plate, battery base tray and cover. I reuse the old J hook because there’s minimal height differences between 35 and 24F. I reuse the old negative terminal because Honda has a current sensor on 9th gen, making them quite expensive😢
It’s indeed a very good investment, consider I only paid $60 in my local dealership for all parts. I can use stereo for longer period without draining the battery.

· Registered
19 Posts
waste of money getting a new battery box, it is not needed. If you really want one, pull one off a vehicle at a junkyard (LKQ, etc.) for a few bucks.
The thicker ground cable is probably all you would want/need to get. All other parts can be reused.
I have a 35 and a 24 in both my Accords, both from Costco.
The 24 is from my Pilot, as I found a 24 AGM at Costco last year and put that in the Pilot, and put the 3 year old battery in one of the Accords.
I usually replace my batteries every 4-5 years, and wanted to put a new 35 AGM in that Accord before my youngest daughter goes off to college next year, so it will last throughout her college years and beyond, when she is paying for things on her own.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
The 35 gives a lot more confidence in colder weather. The 35 is also cheaper to replace than the smaller stock 51.

The only down side is the air filter is not as easy to remove anymore unless you remove the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts