Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They didn’t test it. They just swapped out the parts and changed the fluid. It works fine now. The pedal seems very light though. I don’t know if that’s how it was supposed to always feel or not.

I’m guessing they just swapped those parts since that’s what they worked on last time. Easier to just return them than track down an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
They didn’t test it. They just swapped out the parts and changed the fluid. It works fine now. The pedal seems very light though. I don’t know if that’s how it was supposed to always feel or not.

I’m guessing they just swapped those parts since that’s what they worked on last time. Easier to just return them than track down an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If either failed due to age/high mileage or dirty/old fluid. Safer for them to replace it all. Higher chance of failure of the other In the near future. They would have looked bad and they did make more off the job.

Better replace it all than have it destroy your clutch. If it hangs up, can wear your clutch prematurely; no one wants that...

Light and easy to press pedal means less than consistent clutch feel/pressure. New hydraulics doing their job properly; very well possible.

Clutch fluid as maintenance servicing is overlooked by many!!!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts