Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some of the audiophiles might have some input on this . . .

To keep an OEM look in my '89 Lude, I have a head unit from a 97 Accord with CD changer controls built in. Alpine CD changer in the trunk. Works great. Have never had any issues with it. It only reads standard old school CD audio files - not WMA, MP3, etc...

Ever since I got my new computer with Windows 7, any CDs I burn for the Lude do not work. I'm finalizing the CD, burning it to standard audio format, slowing the burn rate . . . nothing seems to work. Older discs still work. I even put the disc in a different slot in the magazine. The head unit will display the CD# and track, but no audio. Even tried burning a disc thru iTunes and no go.

The discs works fine in my 09 Mazda and in my home DVD player.

Thoughts?

Tks

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Trip,

Grasping for straws, have you tried another brand of CD-R? Do you still have the same brand of CD-R from before you got the Win 7 computer that you can still try?

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks for the suggestion.

I should have thought of that. I had this issue with my 08 Accord. On one brand of CD, MP3s would work. On another, they wouldn't. ??? Something about the integrity of the marterial?

Not sure if I have any of the Memorex left but I'll snag a different brand from my brother.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
How were you burning CDs on your old computer? Sounds like Windows 7 is just another POS that can't even burn a CD right. Or are you using a burning program like Nero or Easy CD Creator? Did CD-Rs used to work in that old deck/changer before you went to Win 7?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts