Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a dealer charge you for having something looked at if you are past your 36k/3yr but not past the 5 yr/60k?

i was told i would be charged a diag. fee and then if the problem was covered by the 60k/5yr warranty it would be fixed. The guy said there is a list of part numbers that are covered under the 5yr/60k warranty but i still foot the diagnostic?

they said basically anything that touches fluids is covered under 5yr/60k...ie engine or transmission.....

thoughts please DA gods!

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Sounds about right, so are you just wanting to know if you have to pay the diagnostic fee? I would assume yes .. I wouldn't take mine in blindly if everything is running and fine and you just want them to "check" for you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds about right, so are you just wanting to know if you have to pay the diagnostic fee? I would assume yes .. I wouldn't take mine in blindly if everything is running and fine and you just want them to "check" for you.
i think the auto belt tensioner?? (its a spring type device) or whatever its called is loose again..they replaced it once while it was under the 36k/3yr warranty but now i think its lose again....you can tell bc when the car is in drive or reverse it makes a noise...and u can hear it when the climate control engages... (ac compressor turns on) and no its not just the click noise i am talking about that happens once while it engages...

they never even mentioned it to me to begin with i had to bring it their attention and then they actually did something about it. I hear lots of cars with this issue on the roads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts