Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a SPEC SA40A-2 which if you go to their website says it fits a 6-6 for a 2009. I took it to a dealer that usually swaps out the OEM stuff for SPEC gear all the time. I got their V6 tech whom got many of the 7gen 6mt TSB for 3rd gear. I was expecting he knew his stuff.

He was able to get it all back together in about 6 hours which was awesome, except for the phone call I got with the first words being "we have a problem."

Went to the dealer and took a look at it. Unfortunately with Honda's times for weekends he was not about to take it apart again today. The noise sounds like a spun gear or the starter not pulling off. I was curious if anyone had experienced this before and knew the solution. All the part numbers match unless SPEC put the wrong flywheel the box.... I mean they already put the pilot bearing for the flywheel on the wrong side... and put the stickers on the wrong side....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is on person that did it. The clutch is perfect. Dead on. It is the ring gear on the flywheel. I think they installed it wrong....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPEC SA40A-2
The Acura TL guys said there is a manufacturer constant defect with these I just saw after the incident. It was a mix of I don't know there is a starter noise, and the starter ring gear is on backwards.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So for the purpose of informing only. There was 2 things that were large problems with my SPEC flywheel and one large thing with my set up in general. It as the SPEC flywheel and Stage2+ clutch kit. First there is the flywheel starter ring. It is kind of a hit or miss on the angle of approach. The second is the recess for the spring pack of the clutch was not deep enough.

Which for the entire set up was a problem because of the clearance of the spring pack and the flywheel bolts for the cranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55oXxDFD3c

I some people have this system work. I just wanted to keep you all informed of what happened. I ended up going clutchmasters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts