Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 60K service done to my '09 Accord EX-L V6 and it seems as though my mileage got worse after they replaced the filters and plugs. Anyone else have this same issue?

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
What kind of service they did to car ?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
I had my 60K service done to my '09 Accord EX-L V6 and it seems as though my mileage got worse after they replaced the filters and plugs. Anyone else have this same issue?
ECU might need time to adjust to clean air filter and different / better spark.

Thought honda will replace the plugs at 100k?
It's probably all done by MM now, but 100k is the mileage most people will go by with iridium plugs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went in for a MM oil change and was told I was due for a 60K service. I am cool with doing whatever the dealership thinks is necessary. They did change the filters and I thought the service guy said they would change the plugs too.

I also thought that the computer might need time to adapt to the cleaner filter. I am not losing a lot of miles. Maybe a mile at most per gallon (if that). I just assumed with a clean filter and whatever else they did, I would get better mileage.

For the record, I have been getting anywhere between 22-25 MPG with 75% highway driving.

·
Registered
692 Posts
thats about normal for the accord v6 with that kind of driving. With the colder weather I average about 24. I put in some gas/water treatment once in a while and some gas/injector cleaner about 2 times a month.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
A plug replacement at 60k is an expensive, unneeded service unless your engine is running bad or you have a check engine light indicating a problem spark plug.

The stock NGKs are the best plugs in the business as far as I am concerned, and to replace them just by what "the dealer says" is just another way for them to rip you off. They're not cheap plugs either, going for around $12.00 each.

It's your money, but you're wasting it.

These plugs are good for 100k always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts