Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanna keep my car in top notch condition and keep its reliability up there. I just hit 100000 kilometers the other day and had some questions. I recently changed the transmission oil, spark plugs, and engine coolant, and am getting my a regular oil change next week. Is there anything else that I should be doing to keep the car on the road for at least another 100,000 clicks?

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've always just stick to whatever is in the manual. Dodd those red gauge rings come standard on your car? I haven't seen them like that before.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
4,057 Posts
Because it's pretty cheap and 60k miles is a good time to change it. It might last until 90k, but for $20, might as well change it out.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always just stick to whatever is in the manual. Dodd those red gauge rings come standard on your car? I haven't seen them like that before.
That doesn't come stock with Honda. i did those gauges myself

Serp belt. Get one of the Gates V-Belts off Amazon.

Brake fluid flush can't hurt either (2 bottles, 15-20 pumps of pedal on each wheel). I just bleed my brakes (1 bottle, 10 pumps on each wheel) with every oil change: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96105
Oh i forgot to mention when i did my brakes, i flushed my brake fluid with stoptech high performance fluid.
Also, would this work with my car?

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Flush and fill all fluids:
1. Oil and filter
2. Brake fluid
3. Power steering fluid
4. trans fluid (filter)
5. radiator fluid

If you do it all yourself it doesn't cost much, so that's why I change it all.

5. My Automotive teacher used to tell me to spray the drive shaft boots with lithium grease to help them stay in good shape.

6. Do we have differential fluid in these cars? I remember doing it in my Subaru.

7. Spark plugs? I think honda recommends at like 100k miles

8. If your bored, you can disconnect all the connections within the engine and add Electrical grease to them all (This is what I do when Im bored in the man cave lol)

9. Check the air filter, blow it out with a compressor, or replace if need be

·
4,057 Posts
That doesn't come stock with Honda. i did those gauges myself

Oh i forgot to mention when i did my brakes, i flushed my brake fluid with stoptech high performance fluid.
Also, would this work with my car?
http://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-4060...r=2009|2009&carId=005&n=15684181&s=automotive
I can't speak to the correct model # (Amazon's "enter your car" is pretty good at compatibility checking), but Gatorback is regarded as being a good belt. I'm running one right now in an attempt to minimize the AC squeal I had going on. Didn't really help, but it was a longshot anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts