Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I may be getting a new accord but this time around I want to get a manual again. I still need to drive both but I wanted to see what you all though about the getting the sport or the ex.

Just about everything is the same with a few upgrades on the ex. I like i like the seats on the port more.

I know the ex has heated mirrors but other then that I really like the sport.

I know many of you all had to look at both of these and just wanted to see why you went with sport or the ex

Thank you in advance.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I wanted Manual/Sunroof/Leather but that is not available in the US. So I settled for Manual/Sunroof and that put me in an EX. The EX has a lot of nice upgrades, too. Rear HVAC Vents, LaneWatch (which I really have grown to like), Factory Tweeters, external trunk release, AUTO Driver/Pass Windows, Illuminated Switchs (may not be true, but I read that the Sport does not have them. There are a few other things as well that I am forgetting.

Jay

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about the sound system. I have and exl now and use my sound system all the time. I may have to look at the ex a bit more.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Don't forget the keyless entry and pushbutton start on the EX. Also I don't think the sport has a locking glove box. EX also has mirrors with turn signals

·
Grinding Gears
269 Posts
If you enjoy looking at your car from the outside, I would suggest the sport (larger wheels and a dual exhaust for beautiful symmetry, among other things). If you desire additional creature comforts, EX would be the way to go.

I went with an EX-L because it was the only option for the V6 coupe... But I regret nothing :D

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
It really depends on what you want. I was going to purchase the EX 6mt but purchased the Sport instead. I really liked the feel of the leather wheel in the sport as the EX felt smaller and like a rubber steering wheel. You can upgrade the steering wheel for not so much money though. The dual exhaust which has a little less restriction and a few more hp are always welcome but mostly the dual exhaust looks very good on these cars . The 18x8 wheels with 235 tires really give it a sporty feel when driving . The ex gives you the sunroof which some prefer . I say go look at both and decide for your self. In the end the sport will be less money but who cares as these cars are so cheap to drive you can not go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It also depends on the color you want. The sport only comes in obsidian black pearl or modern steel metallic with the 6mt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
modern steel metallic as well

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now if only honda would but the 6mt in exl this would be easy for me

·
Grinding Gears
269 Posts
now if only honda would but the 6mt in exl this would be easy for me
Sounds like the Accord Coupe is calling your name :biggrin:

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
Auto trans is so smooth and quick, I'd never think of buying a manual
The OP has stated he would like a manual transmission. The CVT compared to the manual has proven that the Auto is not as quick as the 6MT and it costs more to purchase , so if you want to pay more to go slower that is up to you.:thmsup:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sedans are more my kind of car. Maybe if I wait till the 9.5 gen to come out honda may make exl in leather. I will say though that I have not driven the ctv yet. I have the v6 now but i dont think I will go back to it with all the driving I do.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
The EX is a very nice car for the money.

I can still hardly believe all the nice features included in the EX package.

The moon-roof is great and with the visor I can drive at highway speeds with the roof open in sub-freezing weather and be quite comfortable with some heat blowing.

The tweeters in the door in my opinion, give a much better sound than being limited to the full range speakers at foot level. Admittedly, some will still find the sound to be sub-par.

Keyless entry and push-button start are real conveniences that you just can't fully appreciate without having experienced them.

On the whole, for me anyway, the EX is the best deal for an Accord and if the cosmetic features of the Sport appeal to you, well just save up some bucks and add the ones you like when you can.

I doubt anyone will ever miss those other four HP.

·
46 Posts
The EX is a very nice car for the money.

I can still hardly believe all the nice features included in the EX package.

The moon-roof is great and with the visor I can drive at highway speeds with the roof open in sub-freezing weather and be quite comfortable with some heat blowing.

The tweeters in the door in my opinion, give a much better sound than being limited to the full range speakers at foot level. Admittedly, some will still find the sound to be sub-par.

Keyless entry and push-button start are real conveniences that you just can't fully appreciate without having experienced them.

On the whole, for me anyway, the EX is the best deal for an Accord and if the cosmetic features of the Sport appeal to you, well just save up some bucks and add the ones you like when you can.

I doubt anyone will ever miss those other four HP.
Well said Phil...I agree with every point, especially the keyless entry. It is just so convenient and really neat to have. My friends think its the coolest thing too lol.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I do love the extra creature comforts the EX comes with but I chose the Sport because:

1. The appearance items make it look far better (wheels, spoiler, exhaust)
2. The "retuned" motor, front strut bar, dual exhaust, and rumored stiffer suspension appealed to the car enthusiast in me
3. As someone that will likely run the Accord over 200k miles, I was worried about all those extra fancy electronics on the EX starting to fail at some point.
4. And lastly money. Sport was $1100 less MSRP (almost 5%! lol) and my dealer was willing to deal more on the sport because they couldn't find a manual EX nearby. I got my Sport ridiculously cheap.

edit:

Additional comments...

-The Sport fabric is great. Reminds me of my old Sparco seat :p (Kinda)
-Sport has leather steering wheel.
-To clarify an earlier comment, my sport does have illuminated switches

·
Registered
20 Posts
The sport looks better on the outside. I bought the sport automatic.
I came from a car that had just about everything, heated seated, leather,
push start, moonroof,,etc etc..Crash test results weren't so great for this
car, so I went Honda... Let me tell you, the seats in the sport are very
comfortable. I don't get a little back ache anymore…

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
I just got a 14 sport 6mt coming from a 2008 Si. Sport has a lot of nice features and the clutch and shifter are pure Honda, which is to say they are practically flawless. The sport may not have the creature comforts like the ex, but it looks better and is, wait for it, cheaper. The stereo is meh I guess, but for less than $200 you can 4 new speakers and better the ex system. Just my .02.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 55 Posts