Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Greg
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know from previous posts that my hood latch has been giving me problems. It takes numerous slams to get it to latch and last night when I had it open it finally said enough! :thumbsdow I'm thinking I need to adjust the latch itself which I know how to do. I am just wondering how to remove the grille in front of it so i can gain access to the latch bolts.

It looks like the grille has 4 or 5 plastic tabs on top of it that can be removed. Are there any screws I should be aware of or techniques to remove it?

I searched and found threads on custom grilles but no real how-to on the removal of it. I know quite a few people have taken their grilles out so hopefully someone can chime in and help me out. Thank in advance fellas! :D

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
As some of you may know from previous posts that my hood latch has been giving me problems. It takes numerous slams to get it to latch and last night when I had it open it finally said enough! :thumbsdow I'm thinking I need to adjust the latch itself which I know how to do. I am just wondering how to remove the grille in front of it so i can gain access to the latch bolts.

It looks like the grille has 4 or 5 plastic tabs on top of it that can be removed. Are there any screws I should be aware of or techniques to remove it?

I searched and found threads on custom grilles but no real how-to on the removal of it. I know quite a few people have taken their grilles out so hopefully someone can chime in and help me out. Thank in advance fellas! :D

there are three or four screws under the bottom of the grille one on each end and i think two in the middle, clearance is tight for the lower screws so they can be a pain in the butt to get to without a 90 degree phillips screwdriver, and there should be three plastic tabs on the top of the grille remove these and the screws and the grille will come right out if you pull it towards you. also the front emblem unscrews with the grille out, and i painted mine black and put mesh behind it it looks tight, ill have to post pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts