Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 honda accord coupe ex v6. Replacing the front speakers with pioneer ts-A1675R 6.5". Once i removed the door panel the current speakers installed were not factory and held in with one screw. I also believe that the speaker hole is missing the speaker basket. none of the holes match up with the pioneer speaker. What is the best method to install the pioneer speaker....finding the oem speaker basket or some sort of adapter plate. any recommendation would be great thanks. also included a picture
Accord door speaker.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
MDF is something you can buy in Home depot...
I am doing mine too soon...but it will be a 6.5 RF subwoofer...so I might need some anti vibration material/deadener/dampener for the board since I am going for heavier bass notes

It has to be towed for a clutch job though this week :thumbsdow....have to ...love my 4cyl coupe :yes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I literally just installed the same speakers this week. I ended up having to cut out the baskets anyways because the speakers wouldn't fit with them, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. You should still be able to just line up the speakers and screw them into the old holes, right?

I'm also a bit of a newb to car audio, so feel free to correct me if that's terrible information. I'm not going for show quality performance on my car, but the speakers work fine and sound great. Since they are the same speakers (from Walmart?), I would guess you're in the same boat as I am.

EDIT: Just read that the holes don't line up for you. That sounds really strange to me... dunno what to say there. I was able to drop mine in after cutting out the basket, although I might have had to rotate them a bit, I dunno. I do have a 4 cyl 4 door, though... maybe the doors/speaker holes are that much different, I doubt it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts