Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to get a really good deal on a used steel rim & snow tire set. But they are from a 2000 Accord. I've emailed the seller asking for the specific size, but while I'm waiting, I see that the 2000 Accord came in both 195/65/R15 and 205/65/R15. I suspect the 205 won't be a problem fitting, but what if they are 195? Will they still work or is that aspect ratio too far off?? (OEM on my 2004 is 205/60/R16)

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the opportunity to get a really good deal on a used steel rim & snow tire set. But they are from a 2000 Accord. I've emailed the seller asking for the specific size, but while I'm waiting, I see that the 2000 Accord came in both 195/65/R15 and 205/65/R15. I suspect the 205 won't be a problem fitting, but what if they are 195? Will they still work or is that aspect ratio too far off?? (OEM on my 2004 is 205/60/R16)

Thanks!
They will work without a problem. For my snow set I went from 245 to 215. You won't have any problems at all. The narrower the tire, the better it is because it can cut through snow easier so you would only benefit from this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will work without a problem. For my snow set I went from 245 to 215. You won't have any problems at all. The narrower the tire, the better it is because it can cut through snow easier so you would only benefit from this.
Thanks, did you notice your speedometer being off by much, either faster or slower? It's not really a big deal once you get used to it, I guess, then you just adjust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The speedometer will be of by just a little bit.

The tires will work but if you are buying the wheels (rims) make sure to ask that they are 5 lug. The 2000 accord 4 cylinder is a 4 lug. V6 is 5 lug

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
The tires will work but if you are buying the wheels (rims) make sure to ask that they are 5 lug. The 2000 accord 4 cylinder is a 4 lug. V6 is 5 lug
Excellent point!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The speedometer will be of by just a little bit.

They are steels with what looks like a dozen lugs in a circle, but of course I will try them on before buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts