Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dyno'd their 7th Gen 6-6 stock? I'm takin mine to the dyno in a couple weeks and was just lookin for a baseline to see just about what my mods (K&N CAI, and Borla Cat-back w/ a test pipe) added. Just curious.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
This guy got 197 hp and 173 ft/lb at the wheels stock (with 93 octane gas)

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200154

Bear in mind that dyno's vary and temp and altitude affects this as well. To get the most accurate information, you would need to dyno your car stock, install the parts, then re-dyno at the same location at the same ambient temp.

I'm curious what your results are, so please post.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks man just what I was lookin for. And I def will repost, its not til the 24th, but I'm pretty psyched. I just put the Borla on last night and it sounds amazing. No rasp, just deep V6 growl!

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Cool! Good luck at the dyno as well. Sounds like a hoot.
My pops had his Vette dyno'd at a shop that specializes in Vettes and after they did the initial dyno, they came up with a list of mods and add-ons, did it all up, and he ended up with a freaking monster of a car for relatively little money. Last time I drove it, everyone wanted a race, which was funny because no one came even close.
Of course, it's one reason I'm mad at my dad - now I want a Vette!
Glad you like the Borla. I wish I had pushed for a V6 - those exhausts sound pretty nice. I haven't found an exhaust for the I4 that sounds good enough to justify the money.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Questions: Why does the chart read 216 hp and 190 lbs-ft of torque? What is the WCF and why adjust it to a lower reading?

·
No longer active
702 Posts
WCF= weather correction factor
People like to brag about their raw number, but that results in sort of a lie. My understanding is that the bigger number is under "ideal" situations (which we rarely see) and the correction is made to show what the car actually pulled under the weather conditions at the time of the test.
Those higher numbers are inaccurate for the weather conditions at the time of the test. The WCF allows for a more accurate number.

·
1,771 Posts
Those are awful numbers, not even close to 244hp 211 tq

·
No longer active
702 Posts
197 at the wheels for a motor that pulls 244 at the crank is actually just about where it should be. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it isn't a tad lower. Without the weather correction, it actually seems a bit high. Drive train losses are pretty significant (anywhere from 11-18% depending on layout). The Accord chart linked above falls well within that range.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I don't know if 4 hp makes any difference, but in 2004 the 3.0 made was rated at 240hp (crank), not 244hp.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just stumbled across this thread and realized I never shared my results lol. My 6-6 made 221 whp and 197 wtq with just a cai and che. I was pleased with the numbers. Im actually runnin it again next month. Not expectin much at all. All I added was a lightweight crank pulley (stock diameter) but ill let ya guys know how she does. :)

·
18th gear, 18 wheels
460 Posts
Got any video to hear that deep growl with the Borla catback? Pretty curious to hear 'cuz I've hear Greddy, Magnaflow and Comptech up to now. And yeah, im shopping to make the best buy to later on.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
That is a lot of whp for a 3.0 liter. Good job! What does "che" represent? Did you remove any of the catalytic converters?

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting mine dyno'd. Mebbe one of these days. :)

·
Ken
340 Posts
I want to assume "che" was supposed to stand for chip/header/exhaust but you know what they say about assuming.

Care to expand upon that? As you can see, I'm not the only one who's curious.

Great numbers btw, some large gains.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I want to assume "che" was supposed to stand for chip/header/exhaust but you know what they say about assuming.

Care to expand upon that? As you can see, I'm not the only one who's curious.

Great numbers btw, some large gains.
Your assumption makes sense. A CAI and exhaust shouldn't create those kind of gains. Headers and a chip on the other hand could. It would be nice to know...

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol wow sry my droids autotype is killin me. The only engine mods I had at the time of the dyno were a k&n cold air intake and a borla catback exhaust with the third cat delete.

And thanks! I was def happy with the numbers. And no video but maybe ill take two next month. We get two runs so ill take on front end and one back end video. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
There were a good bit of changes to the standards of dynoing engines that honda switched to in 06 for the accord. So actually the gains on the 06-07 accords would have had been a good bit higher than the 4hp difference recorded. My car dynoed at 235whp with the current mods, which obviously don't count for more than 20whp.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They also apparently did test on the 7.5 that said if u ran premium gas it put out a nice even 250 crank hp.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts