Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I been looking around quite extensively for an answer to this but couldn't seem to find it so i decided to just make a thread about it.

I have a 2004 Honda accord and for the second time the stock stereo has crapped out on me so I decided to just take a dive and buy a ken wood ddx470 and the honda audio attachment to install in the lower cubby. Now firstly, is it necessary for me to buy a separate T-harness in order to have the lights come on for the original stereo or can i simply split and splice the necessary wires myself (Ex. power, ground, illumination) and just have those attached to the stock harness. I am not looking into purchasing a T-harness since it would take to long and I'm beyond tired of driving in a car without music so if it is possible to I guess make your own T-harness for this kind of install, can anyone help me out with what I need to do to make a DIY work.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
The harness is necessary to properly power the old head unit so you still have HVAC control. Why would it take too long? Buy the harness and plug it in when you install your new stereo. A better option would be to use the new Metra kit that installs a head unit in the factory location with new HVAC controls so you don't have two stereos in the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your amfm doesn't work can't you just buy one of those usb/ipod adaptors that plugs in behind your stock cd player and have that to play your music?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts