Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7th gen accord guy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay people im stumped and have been looking on the interwebs for days. im doing a j swap. its an 04 accord 6speed. i just got the engine and transmission out and im about to bolt the transmission up to a j32a2 from an 02 CL-S auto. my problem is that i now have the engine(auto j32a2) and the transmission (accord 6speed) and i have 2 ecus (1. j30 2.j32a2 manual). now a friend and i have been looking at the wiring diagrams for the past 2 days and i cant figure out if theres a way to connect the j32a2 the one of these ecus with out heavy mods to the engine. basicly what i wanna know is the swap possible with what ive got sitting in front of me? :-[

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
You have the J32 ECU from a manual or automatic ? Your post seems to contradict ...

Not experienced with J swaps, but if you plan to run a manual transmission I'm pretty sure you need an ECU from a manual transmission car ...

·
7th gen accord guy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the ecu from the manual transmission CLS. I have the wiring harness from an auto engine CLS and the original harness from the manul j30 being we removed.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I think your time and energy might be better spent searching out the answer on a more performance oriented forum. Not trying to discurage you at all, it's just this site is a majority of DIY'ers and maintenance junkies.

You have the ECU from a manual CL-S, but a harness from an AT ? Is it possible to splice the Accord manual plug into the CL-S harness so that the CL-S ECU is happy ? Sorry mate, car wiring and I have never gotten along, and I've left splicing harnesses to shops on past cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts