Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I ordered the front right headrest out of a 07 LX coupe, from Majestic Honda.

I asked some questions regarding how it will match the tan interior from the 8th gen...

Well the headrest came in today

Results...they are great! Was a tiny squeeze but went right in, and is so much more comfortable. The color is almost identical, it looks the same in daylight and at night time you couldnt see it anyway. It only looks slightly different in some artifical lighting, like in a garage.

The material is a little different, but matches the middle part of the seat well actually.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    24.5 KB Views: 292

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just post the pictures and save you the trouble from sending them to everyone who asks?
Well if someone asked then id add them to the first post, not send them. And some people might just want questions.

Im just going to add the picture haha :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yea, I took the headrests out of my friend's 7.5 gen and they fit in my 8th gen. I thought they would be a lot more comfortable, but they're only a little better than the 8th gen headrests. i don't think it's the headrests themselves, but the angle at which they have to be inserted into the seat which causes them to be pushed forward.

·
Registered
188 Posts
wow, that does look great. how it feels, is an individual thing. you said it was comfy, so thats good for sure. did u really only order 1?? what about ur passenger & it not matching?? did you wanna test it out 1st & then buy the 2nd? if you dont mind, how much did this cost you? or did you literally do a swap for free somehow? i am interested in this. i like the current headrests, but would like a little more support, seems this may not be what i am looking for. it looks like it has less of a forward angle than oem & on top of that, it is contoured or indented in the middle too which further reduces support. did you not like the forward aupport angle of the head restraint/rest of the stock seats?? it is a safety issue, just as much as comfort. the 7th gen seats are diff than the 8th gen. so, some whiplash or other head injury issues could be affected if an accident occurs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm aware of the safety reasons, but it was also unsafe for me to have my seat adjusted badly because of the 8th gen headrests which tilted too forward for me.
I bought one for now because I'm on a college budget and just wanted to get this for myself soon as possible, soon I will get the matching passenger.

It was 75 shipped from majestic Honda

Hope this helped!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts