Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
loves his accord
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has already been done, mods please delete. I didn't see this in a search though. Maybe this should be a sticky:dunno:

HIDs seem to be a popular upgrade for our cars. For those who don't have HIDs, its on their wish list. For those that do have them, wonder what took them so long to buy a set. There seems to be great discussion between stock headlights with HIDs and retrofitted headlights with HIDs behind projectors. Well lets see some pics.

Make sure you post details of your setup and pics

What K the HIDs are
What the watts are
Stock/Aftermarket/Retrofitted headlights
Who/where you bought them from and are you happy

Pics to included:
Normal frontend pic (day and night)
Close up on headlight (day and night)
Cut off on a wall/garage door/etc
Street shot looking forward

Id like to get a thread of just specs and pics.:thmsup:
DO NOT POST COMMENTS ON OTHERS SETUPs such as "HIDs WITH STOCK HOUSINGS ARE DUMB" or "PROJECTORS AREN'T NEED". NOT HERE:thumbsdow
If you want to comment on someones setup...PM them

SO...lets see whats out there!!!:banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Brand: DDM
What K the HIDs are: 4500k
What the watts are: 35W
Stock/Aftermarket/Retrofitted headlights: OEM blackhoused MH1 retrofit
Who/where you bought them from and are you happy: DDM for HID, TRS for projectors, and ebay for OEM housings (used). Happy with all three.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Brand: morimoto h1 projectors and DDM HIDs
What K the HIDs are: 8000k
What the watts are: 55w
Stock/Aftermarket/Retrofitted headlights: retrofitted oem headlights
Who/where you bought them from and are you happy: bought HIDs from DDM and bought projectors from TRS and retrofitted myself. very happy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Love the cutoff and light distribution, very nice guys :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Here's my contribution. :)

TRS Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, DDM Tuning HID kit
5000k HID, 35 watts
Stock, black-housed headlights
TRS/DDM - I am very satisfied with this purchase and investment. My commutes at night are so much more fun! Minus the bugs attracted to the brighter headlights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
****ING SICK!!! i ordered these fancy looking projector lights SHIT ****S...!! the halos were soo dim and wat not i modified the halow they r really good u could see them in noon.. but the projector is Soo stupid its almost dangerous to drive around with them... but i still have em on caz it looks soo dame sexy...

i was wondering if you can tell me where'd u buy the projector and if they are any good?? i mean it looks pretty good but how r they on the road??

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
All kiddy retros Let me show you what I have

s2k retros I made for my friend

real e46 shrouds

Spec:
s2k AP1 projectors with tsx-r cleans
35w philips 85122+
mashita oem ballast
clear relfectors and real e46 shrouds
not impressed? Alright Quad much?

Low beam RX330 with custom shields, and tsx-r *I call it TX330*
MH1 high beams modded to take halogen bulbs so that you can use DRL
Bulbs are phlips 85122 4300k

too much $$ fine take a look at these

lol

MH1 with one e46 shrouds and one with mini gatling
one 5000k one 6000k
color modded shields
tsx with e46 with blue tint

philips 85122+ 35w
tsx-r projectors
e46 shrouds
ring color mod
I have nothing better to do. lol and IM a headlight whore

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wow someone's got their bases covered haha.

How hard was it working with the S2K projectors? I hear they give the best output but are a giant ***** to work with in 7th gen housings.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Wow someone's got their bases covered haha.

How hard was it working with the S2K projectors? I hear they give the best output but are a giant ***** to work with in 7th gen housings.
s2k are a bitch to work with since there are not mounting holes. I am waitng for S2K-R to come out. To make my life easier.

I am working on a set of FX-R and its a big ass projector. Have to cut up soo much stuff its not even funny anymore.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
show off. LOL

found out theres some moisture leaking in my passenger side housings.. but im too lazy to take them out and reseal them... partly cause its so cold and partly cause i want to switch out the clear lens with my original set which is in better condition which will be alot of work...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
show off. LOL

found out theres some moisture leaking in my passenger side housings.. but im too lazy to take them out and reseal them... partly cause its so cold and partly cause i want to switch out the clear lens with my original set which is in better condition which will be alot of work...
just get some butyl tape. It works wonder.

I am going to try to do my fog retros woot woot. :banana::banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i actually got butyl when i was doin the retro. but it was a PITA getting the oem glue off so i just reheated it and clamped it on. btw, what do you use to pry apart the clear lens and the black backing? i use like a screwdriver, like a putty spreader thing, and a chopstick to hold it apart (of course after heating it up, i used a heat gun). but i always end up making the edges on the black part all messed up lol

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
All kiddy retros Let me show you what I have

s2k retros I made for my friend

real e46 shrouds

Spec:
s2k AP1 projectors with tsx-r cleans
35w philips 85122+
mashita oem ballast
clear relfectors and real e46 shrouds
not impressed? Alright Quad much?

Low beam RX330 with custom shields, and tsx-r *I call it TX330*
MH1 high beams modded to take halogen bulbs so that you can use DRL
Bulbs are phlips 85122 4300k

too much $$ fine take a look at these

lol

MH1 with one e46 shrouds and one with mini gatling
one 5000k one 6000k
color modded shields
tsx with e46 with blue tint

philips 85122+ 35w
tsx-r projectors
e46 shrouds
ring color mod
I have nothing better to do. lol and IM a headlight whore

Damn bro... :thmsup: how much do you charge? I'd send you my OEM right now if the price is right :D

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
lol You don't want to how much the s2k are. My friend bought them on the forum over at V6P and yeah they weren't in that great shape cuz when I open it there was soo much broken crap. Broken ball joints, crack bezel. damn

I did a lens swap and all that good stuff and it turned out really nice but there is some issue with how the first retrofitter mounted them. Really nasty way to mount the projectors...

So yeah I just end up tweeking a lot of the stuff.

As for the other stuff. I hand built them all just because I wanted to see if I can. lol I am trying to do FX-R right now so that I can swap out my MH1. It doesn't look too great right now since half of the rear housing is gone since the gosh dang projectors are pretty damn big.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do I?>

I want to install some HID's in my 7th gen with a slight blue tint (kinda like the stock accura HID's but that are still super bright white) I am willing to buy new housing's and the kit, but don't want to spend much more over 300 bucks. I want a clean cut off line like the ones posted. How do I go about starting this project? Products recommended? to avoid? Prefer to black out the headlamps since my car is black. Thank you for your time. :banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I want to install some HID's in my 7th gen with a slight blue tint (kinda like the stock accura HID's but that are still super bright white) I am willing to buy new housing's and the kit, but don't want to spend much more over 300 bucks. I want a clean cut off line like the ones posted. How do I go about starting this project? Products recommended? to avoid? Prefer to black out the headlamps since my car is black. Thank you for your time. :banana:
i think my MH1s give a blue tint when you kinda look "directly" at them. but of course from an angle or youd go blind. i have 4500k so it is SUPPOSED to be white, but a slight tint of yellow. but in the MH1s they give off a bluish tint, probably beacuse of the cutoff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts