Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my radio/navigation head unit out and before putting it all back in, I'd like to add an adapter so I can use my Android phone as the Aux option.
It can connect with either the 3.5mm jack or Bluetooth.
I've searched the forums but I've only come across threads that don't have navigation. Does anyone have advice for this setup or can recommend a product?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I tried one of the adapters that plugs into the back before and I can't really say I liked how it sounded. I ended up going with a Bluetooth transmitter off Amazon which aside from having to change the station on occasion when I travel, works really well.

I got the Roav one and haven't had any issues with it

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
I tried one of the adapters that plugs into the back before and I can't really say I liked how it sounded. I ended up going with a Bluetooth transmitter off Amazon which aside from having to change the station on occasion when I travel, works really well.

I got the Roav one and haven't had any issues with it

Kinda hard to believe a radio transmitter sounds better than a direct connection to the back of the head unit. What kind of adapter did you use?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had the USASpec BT45 Bluetooth for a couple of years. It is easy to install (plugs into the XM receiver box over the right real wheel). Audio is excellent (though compressed files in your device will always sound like what they are). Remember that 1/8" jack ain't audiophile grade either. It's quick and easy to run the mic from the trunk to a spot above the mirror, too.

·
2010 2.4EX
127 Posts
I have a general question about Auxiliary jacks on the 7th Gen.(2003-07) Honda Accords:

Which years(and trim levels) of the 7Gen Accord had an actual working Aux-In jack - and not just an input selection and a flat cover plate in the dash or armrest storage bin where the port would be?

If I wasn't so hung up on Hyundai products after the other guy's fault crash that totalled my 2008 Kia five years ago, I would have sprinted for a 2006-07 Accord back then, an EX with moonroof preferably, and hopefully a place to connect my mobile device to listen to my personal music library. I love my 2010 8thGen Accord, no doubt, but the previous Accord sedan was closest in size to my (totalled 😢😢) '08 Optima - the perfect size for me!

I read it was a major bummer for many new Gen7 buyers 15 model years ago who saw the "Aux" input selection on the factory deck, selected it so it appeared as the source in their radio screen, but could not find a mini-aux port anywhere up front to plug their device into!

When, during Gen7, did it become a standard - or at least optional - item?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a general question about Auxiliary jacks on the 7th Gen.(2003-07) Honda Accords:

Which years(and trim levels) of the 7Gen Accord had an actual working Aux-In jack - and not just an input selection and a flat cover plate in the dash or armrest storage bin where the port would be?

If I wasn't so hung up on Hyundai products after the other guy's fault crash that totalled my 2008 Kia five years ago, I would have sprinted for a 2006-07 Accord back then, an EX with moonroof preferably, and hopefully a place to connect my mobile device to listen to my personal music library. I love my 2010 8thGen Accord, no doubt, but the previous Accord sedan was closest in size to my (totalled ) '08 Optima - the perfect size for me!

I read it was a major bummer for many new Gen7 buyers 15 model years ago who saw the "Aux" input selection on the factory deck, selected it so it appeared as the source in their radio screen, but could not find a mini-aux port anywhere up front to plug their device into!

When, during Gen7, did it become a standard - or at least optional - item?
Aux was never an option, but there was an iPod connector that was a dealer option that used that button. If you want aux, you'll need to buy an eBay kit

·
2010 2.4EX
127 Posts
Aux was never an option, but there was an iPod connector
that was a dealer option that used that button. If you want
aux, you'll need to buy an eBay kit

Then the button("CD/Aux") on the 7th Gen factory stereo was misleading, and I guess I'm glad I never went for an Accord of that era!

Sad, because I read that 7th Gens were considered on average to be slightly better handlers than the 8th Gen.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's not really misleading though, the iPod adapter was the common "AUX" of the era when the car was released. Also, I believe there was an auxiliary CD changer available and other such accessories. Just never the 3.5mm. labelling the button AUX is definitely not misleading in this case because there were multiple devices that could use this function. I just don't know what they all are

·
2010 2.4EX
127 Posts
It's not really misleading though, the iPod adapter was the common
"AUX" of the era when the car was released. Also, I believe there was
an auxiliary CD changer available and other such accessories. Just
never the 3.5mm. labelling the button AUX is definitely not misleading
in this case because there were multiple devices that could use this
function. I just don't know what they all are

Well, I'm a straight talker: If the thing was mainly for Apple devices at that time, then it should have been called that. Like Apple 'CarPlay' of late.

And Honda was not alone in this. A friend of mine took me for a ride in his 2010 Impreza sedan some years back, and I press the 'Aux' button on the factory deck, and look both below the deck in the center stack, and in the arm rest compartment. Where the Aux jack should be, next to a power port inside the arm rest, is yet another flat plate which refused to yield.

Again, equally misleading. Why have a radio button marked "Aux", or one sharing that selection with the CD or some other function, when the facility itself is not installed??

Again I'm a straight-shooter and an audio professional to boot, and as such I have little if any tolerance for such nonsense. It's like having a record player with a three-speed selector, but it's fixed in 33 1/3rpm because you have to pay extra for the 45 & 78. Where I'm from we call that (marketing)deception. Don't even install a selector on the thing if it plays only 33s.

Ditto the 'CD/Aux' button on 7Gen Accords and in that Subaru: Is it that dang expensive to have an extra one of those little trays on the assembly line fulla 'CD' mode buttons to snap onto radios destined for trim levels/models without Aux or Apple or whatever?

Seems like basic common sense and honesty went out the window along with pay phones and VHS machines...

Thank goodness, in the Air Force, on planes with a lever marked 'EJECT', that lever actually means business. And there really is a HOLE underneath the lid in those port-a-Johns at flea markets!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why have a radio button marked "Aux", or one sharing that selection with the CD or some other function, when the facility itself is not installed??
Its only kinda misleading. All radios have that button because they can all switch into AUX mode as long as something is plugged into a port in the back of the radio. The iPod adapter was one such AUX accessory but I use a cheap ebay AUX adapter that works well for me. Evidently Honda did not want to make a separate model radio with/without the label.

·
2010 2.4EX
127 Posts
Its only kinda misleading. All radios have that button because they can
all switch into AUX mode as long as something is plugged into a port in
the back of the radio. The iPod adapter was one such AUX accessory
but I use a cheap ebay AUX adapter that works well for me. Evidently
Honda did not want to make a separate model radio with/without the
label.
So I'm assuming your adaptor plugs into your Apple adaptor, and the other end into the Mini-TRS(Tip-Ring-Sleeve) jack of your phone or other device?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts