Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one isn't labeled correctly on Youtube, so it might be hard to find otherwise. Thought I'd put it here in case anyone needed to replace rear struts.

Same process if you buy the strut assemblies, but of course the process is much faster since you don't need a spring compressor to take apart the old one.

Maybe one of the mods can add this to the 7th gen sticky?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to be a stickler, but I believe on mostr vehicles, including the 7th gen, the rear assemblies are called shocks and the front ones are struts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to be a stickler, but I believe on mostr vehicles, including the 7th gen, the rear assemblies are called shocks and the front ones are struts.
The terms get used interchangeably all the time, but in this case, I believe the guy in the video is correct. The rears are still struts because they have the mounting plate for the spring built in. Shocks are completely independent from the spring, like what you might see on a truck with leaf springs.

·
Registered
798 Posts
thanks for this, seems pretty easy.

what are those pivot sockets called? the ones they use to take out the nuts on top?

·
Banned
502 Posts
Front and rear are struts.

I just ordered Gabriel ultra front and rears for my 04 EX with 153k. The OEM's still ride firm but are not very secure or stable in corners.

Thanks to the OP for posting this video. They are indeed hard to find on Youtube if not named clearly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts