Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some new 6.5" speakers for the from Crutchfield and the adpters fit like crap. Any body else having this issue? Any other adapters fit right?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Which aspect fits poorly? The adaptor to the car or the speaker to the adaptor?

While I've not done this myself, I've also not heard of this problem from many others who have used the adaptors provided by Crutchfield, maybe they sent the wrong adaptors? You can always call Crutchfield and explain the situation since they have a very good customer service department.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't fit the door properly, they fit the speaker just fine. I've read reviews on crutchfields website about the adapters and there are many complaints about them fitting like crap. I have contacted Crutchfield and all they do is re-send install instruction which have nothing to do with the adapters. I found some others on amazon that look like they snap right in, not this universal fits nothing stuff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with Crutchfield and they say they don't carry any vehicle specific brackets. These have to be screwed to the door with self tappers. That's bogus. I found these on Amazon and also the speakers for 1/2 the price! I might return them for all the aggravation and pocket $50, even though it was an xmas gift.

www.amazon.com/Stereo-Speaker-Adapt...4YTC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1293579457&sr=8-6

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got off the phone with Crutchfield and they say they don't carry any vehicle specific brackets. These have to be screwed to the door with self tappers. That's bogus. I found these on Amazon and also the speakers for 1/2 the price! I might return them for all the aggravation and pocket $50, even though it was an xmas gift.

www.amazon.com/Stereo-Speaker-Adapt...4YTC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1293579457&sr=8-6
How thick are the adapters you got from Amazon? What are they made out of? I found it just as easy to make my own, but just for future reference...

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Maybe you should read the vehicle specific instructions before you complain. Crutchfield advises that you have to re-drill the holes to mount the speakers. Crutchfield did not send you the wrong adapters, they sent you the standard spacer ring made by most companies. As you have discovered, there are adapter rings that are specific to the Accord, but the quality is unknown. I would rather have my spacer rings screwed into the door rather than worry about a clipped-in spacer ring rattling against the door frame. It is not that hard to drill new holes and mount the spacer ring.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the adapters from amazon and they fit perfectly without butching the door. They snap right in like the factory speakers do. The fit is real tight with no vibrations. Well worth the money! The adapters are 1" thick, made from plastic.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be very careful with the inner door handle cable, I broke one! Damn thing. It's only $4 from Honda and not too bad to replace if you have done the job before.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have taken pictures while it was all a part but I didn't have my camera at the shop when I installed them. I don't plan on taking the door panels back off unless they have to. No need to break another cable!

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
I should have taken pictures while it was all a part but I didn't have my camera at the shop when I installed them. I don't plan on taking the door panels back off unless they have to. No need to break another cable!
There are already plenty of pictures of doors without the panels. I guess you snapped the cable because you didn't have any instructions on removing the door panel?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have plenty of instructions. Crutchfield, Alldata, online, years of experience.... I think it broke because it was so cold and design. I read online about the cables breaking during removal if you pull the panel out to far, which I didn't. Honda for years used rods instead of cables. I've removed a ton of BMW door panels with cables and never broke one, I think Honda shouldn't have the the clip that holds the cable to the door. That would allow you more working room before the cable breaks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The second ones.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have no idea. All did was search amazon for 2005 Accord speaker adapters. Try 2007 and see what comes up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts