Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 accord ex and i was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on some upgrade speakers for my car. I am looking to replace all of the speakers but with something not too pricey. I would like speakers that would be a decent upgrade to the stock ones.

I also have a few questions:

How many watts is the stock head unit

2ohm or 4ohm speakers for stock HU

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have the exact same model and trim level car that you do. I am also interested.

Hopefully someone responds!
:banana:

·
Registered
219 Posts
There are tons of options out there. Go to www.crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle information. That will help you tailor your search by what fits and price.

SB

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have pioneer 4 way speakers in the rear two, rockford punch in the front doors, and alpine type-s tweeters. plus a 12" kicker comp sub and two amps. Check my signature and avatar to see my audio upgrades.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I went with all kenwood speakers (except sub). Components in kick panels + dash tweeters. 6x9 3 way in the back all wired back into a sony 5 ch amp and a 12 inch sony sub. I replaced the cubby hole below the radio by a kenwood head unit. It's pretty good stuff. All installed came to about 1600$CDN with the swi-jack adapter for the steering controls. Check my sig for model #s

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are the speakers hooked directly up to the Heat Unit except for the sub?
I've been through a bunch of systems in the past (working on my first one in the accord). If you're planning on just replacing the speakers and using the stock HU I would consider the Hertz line of comps. The entry level units run great off HU power and can bring some low end. I am using Alpine Type R comps but I'm adding an amp. They are currently running off the HU without the tweets (LOL) and they don't sound too bad. They will still bring the low end on HU power but they will sing with the amp (and the tweets of course).

I've done a lot of experimenting over the years...from $1200 3-way comps in custom made kick panels to 25 coax speakers from partsexpress and for my money....a good set of dynamic comps up front and a good 10-12" sub off a 4 channel amp gives a great value. I'm ocd so even though I don't amp the rears I still replaced the with Alpine 2-way coax just because the stock were so pathetic.

Get the metra speaker adapter for the 6.5" up front and the Honda speaker wire adapter (x2) and start by replacing the speakers and see whether its what you like.
If you go that route get something efficient, like the Hertz or Alpine Type S.

Having just changed the speaker out yesterday I was pleased with how easy it was to swap everything out. The tweets were easy to get to, the doors were pretty straight forward and the 6x9's were easily accessed. Much easier than most of my systems. Going to add the amp and connect everything next week and do a little review. Still debating on running new wires to the door...uhg.:thumbsdow. We'll see. Good luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts