Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten to the point where I am fed up with my stock system, I want to keep the stock look. I'm looking to do a pretty basic set up. Nothing to far out or complicated. Here's the setup Im looking at:

• 12" Single 4 ohm W3v3 Series Subwoofer 12W3v3
  • Alpine MRP-F300
  • Sonic Sub Box: 1SV12 (Gray) Single 12" Vented MDF Enclosure

I've done an install before, but it was on a 95 honda civic. So I'm a little wiery of doing it on my Accord since its newer and the advanced wiring. So I may resort to a legit/ installer.

GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK...DO'S & DON'TS...CRITICS ARE WELCOMED TO. I WANT IT ALL. ADD SOMETHING, CHANGE A COMPONENT, REMOVE A COMPONENT..

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would add a set of component speakers and 6x9s, and a JBL cleansweep setup.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that as well, cause the stock systems ****s, so much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aren't those subs 500rms? You would be running them at 150rms @ 4 ohms? Severely underpowered? :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've done installs on new Hondas, its not too bad, and I'm not a professional by ny means. I actually think that the stock unit isn't too bad. But I am going to upgrade my speakers to see how the sound improves, then go from there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got somewhat of a tutorial that might help in your install in my Audio Build thread. There are at least a lot of pics with the panels apart and showing where everything was routed, how it was wired, etc. Check my sig.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
you're located in long beach? im located in alhambra i can help you out with the installation if you want. i installed my own sound system on my 06 accord coupe and some other 7th gens so i have some experience with accords.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts