Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now don't jump all over me, but do you think the 9 Gen was a marked improvement? If you could get a great price on the 8 Gen would you buy it over the 9 Gen.

I'd like to hear from MrGlock since he has the 9 Gen and his sister has the 8 Gen.

When lowered the 8 Gen looks nice and wide.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would pick the 8th gen coupe and the 9th gen sedan. I personally like the 9th gen interior overall.

·
Sexyland's Finest
112 Posts
Back end is wider looking on the 8th which the 9th could probably benefit from, but but the 9th is just a much better car with much better performance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The interior is a much nicer place to be, but I do think that my 8th gen coupe had a more aggressive front end that in hindsight I like more.

·
...shifting
18 Posts
I think the 9th is a huge improvement over 8th. The front is more aggressive, there is more room inside, the rear is cleaner. The Sport version is a great bang for the buck and fills a nice gap between previous year LX to EX models. I would not but the 8th personally, in fact, I have not bought an Accord since 2001 when I had an EX-L 5 speed sedan lowered on H&R's. That was the last one I liked (sedans anyway) aside from the 2008+coupes.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I didn't like the 8th generation coupe or sedan. They had become too big especially in the rear end of the car. The coupe in particular looked like an 19th century woman wearing a bustle. The 9th generation is still large enough on the interior but the exterior is now down to a mid size car again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had 2012 (8th gen) and now I have a 9th Gen. Both were 6sp V6 Coupes. Hands down the 9th Gen is a better car for me. 8th Gen was a rattle trap and road rough. Interior of 9th Gen is MUCH nicer. Liked the looks of my 8th Gen but Love the looks of the 9th. The DRLs look awesome. There are some differences in steering and you wont notice the 8 hp.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had both. See my signature. 9th is a much more sophisticated car.

The 8th gen 6MT was very different mechanically than the 8th gen 5AT. The 9th gen has leveled this out without detriment to the 6MT.

I still miss my Prelude. Love my S2000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me the performance goes to the 9th gen, but
the 8th gen coupe looks way better. If I had to choose
Just based on exteriors ill definetly choose
The 8th gen

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Trust me, ur 9th gen will become a rattle trap after a few months.
Trust me, I have had the 9th gen for 9 months now, still as rattle-free as it was the day I drove off the lot. Same for the 8th gen sedan that I had for 5 years.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
i think the 9th gen coupe is so ugly compared to the 8th. the 9th gen sedan i would pick overall. i have a 9th gen sport sedan and my personal car is my 8th gen sedan. when modded the 8th looks better. i do love the interior in the 9th gen sedan better but for some reason i like my 8th gen overall better. i just cant have a car with CVT i hate it so much. the 9th gen sport is my little brothers car and its annoying driving CVT but it does feel pretty quick.

·
Registered
209 Posts
a nieghbour of mine has an 8th gen black hfp. He loves my car and i would not kick his outta my garage either. I personally like the 9th better because its what i own lol. Either way your going to be driving a great car. I will take a picture as soon as we both are home and our cars are clean lol. I think a black 8th gen HFP and a 9th white one side by side would make an awesome pic. also people could see how subtle the design changes actually are.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hands down the the 9 Gen sedan is better than the 8 Gen.

Now back to the coupe, the 9 Gen interior is very nice easily beating the 8 Gen.

The wrap around bumper on the 8 Gen looks better IMHO, but the hood of the 9 Gen looks better. For the exterior it's a tough call. Have a look:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Agree with most, the 8th coupe looks better than the 9th coupe but the interior goes to the 9th

As far as sedans the 9th wins all around

I had a 2008 coupe now in a 2013 sedan

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They want $31,500 for the 2012, but that's without negotiating for a better price.

I don't think it's worth it.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
I like the taillights and the front end of the 9th gen better.

Interior is a no-brainer and the 9th gen is faster.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
426 Posts
After seeing both in person, I think the 8th is the best looking exterior wise and is just as quick with the DWB. Of course if you want fresh technology then the 9th is the logical choice. IMO

1 - 20 of 64 Posts