Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on keeping this car and handing it down to my kid when I have one. My car is 100% payed for under 6000 miles. I don't plan on modifying my car to where it Voids the warranty..(i.e.....engine modifications). Is it a good Idea to get the warranty?

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I got it for under $1000. Refundable if you don't end up using the warranty. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe it's worth it. Go to http://www.saccuccihondacare.com and get a quote; it'll be at cost (under $1000 or so). I'd recommend the zero deductible one. If you never use it, you can cancel it before it expires and get a full refund from Honda. It's worth it for peace of mind, mostly if something major like the transmission or A/C or other major system goes out after the 3 yr/ 36K standard warranty expires. It also includes free Honda roadside assistance for the duration.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I plan on keeping this car and handing it down to my kid when I have one. My car is 100% payed for under 6000 miles. I don't plan on modifying my car to where it Voids the warranty..(i.e.....engine modifications). Is it a good Idea to get the warranty?
So you'll have this car for at least 16 years? I wish I had your kind of thinking.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
No, because:

- It's a Honda. That's why you got a Honda and not a Mitsubishi.
- It's a I4. I4s runs forever.
- What makes you think your kids will want it. They may be waiting to trade Dad's old car in for something they like.
- If the engine and trans is worn out, then maybe he may want to do a J35 swap. Or whatever mods he wishes on this Oldschool classic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i had an extended warrantee from honda, never used it for a year and i only got a partial refund. i would call the honda customer relations office and get the refund particulars straight from them ,as it will be honda sending your refund,not the dealer you purchased it from.

·
3,260 Posts
so i can get this warranty from the dealer. and if i dont use it within the 8 years i geta full refund?
If you get it from the dealer, it'll most likely cost you more than $1500. Get it online. I wouldn't worry too much about the refund as you'll more than likely use it couple of times before it expires.

·
09 I4 EX-L PMM SEDAN
43 Posts
Make sure to do it before you hit 36k, I payed around $915 for mine about a year ago. Imo it is worth it for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
308 Posts
When I bought my 2008 sedan 2 years ago Jay Honda was offering the lowest prices online for the extended warranty. The dealer I bought my car from matched Jay Honda's internet price. I believe I paid $895 for an 8 Year 120K Mile Warranty. It was about 1K less than the original price I was given.

I would say find the lowest price online and see if your dealer will match it.
Adding the warranty to my financing raised my payment $16.

·
Registered
970 Posts
No, because:

- It's a Honda. That's why you got a Honda and not a Mitsubishi.
- It's a I4. I4s runs forever.
- What makes you think your kids will want it. They may be waiting to trade Dad's old car in for something they like.
- If the engine and trans is worn out, then maybe he may want to do a J35 swap. Or whatever mods he wishes on this Oldschool classic.
I4 recently been having problems with the timing chain and tension pulley, where by for some reason the backward movement of the crank leads for the cam to skipping position on the chain.
Thus, If it skip by 1-2 teeth, engine damage is avoided. But 3 or more teeth, then the engine has to be replaced.
2003-2004MY already started having this growing problem!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
i had an extended warrantee from honda, never used it for a year and i only got a partial refund. i would call the honda customer relations office and get the refund particulars straight from them ,as it will be honda sending your refund,not the dealer you purchased it from.

Calling/verifying HCEW refund info is a good idea PRIOR purchase.....For the record, I laid out circa $585 of my Naval Reserve $$$ online to an upstate NY dealer (Ray Laks) for a 6year/80k Honda Care Extended warranty (but - other posters have underscored this great Honda trait - never used it). I was told that a it would be a cold day in Hell (not in those exact words - but y'all get my drift) that any refund would be coming my way.

The little family owned dealership in RI still has a good reputation for online HCEW sales IIRC.

cheers, ez..............

·
Registered
577 Posts
You get a refund but it's always pro-rated to how long you've had it, the way I see it I have the 120/7yr, and got for it for 850.... Under 6k miles is the cheapest time to buy...that's just over 100/yr, which is actually cheaper then CAA if you were to get that service on top of peace of mind and car being covered... Btw suspension/shocks and key fob remotes are also covered so thats an easy 4-500 being covered right there...

·
Registered
430 Posts
sacucci honda doesnt offer in CA is there somewhere else CA residents can get extended warranty?
There is a law on the books in California that states no out of the state dealers can sell you a warranty. However, this law is completely unenforceable. If you do a google search, you will find where Honda Care warranties are available.

I am assuming it works the same way when I bought a warranty for my wife's 4Runner from Toyota. You buy it from the best priced dealer (regardless of location) and they put your VIN in the nationwide computer system, and your covered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to the Sacucci and Curry websites for quotes, and they only go to 90k miles and cost over $1k. I have a 2008 V-6 Sedan (EX-L with Nav).

Where is everyone getting these great deals? I am looking for an 8 year, 120k mile warranty and would like to see what kind of price I can get. I would love to see something in the $700-$900 range with no deductible.

·
3,260 Posts
One way to "get around" the no out of state dealers selling Honda warranties in California is to use an out of the state address if you know someone (friends or relatives). Once you purchase the warranty, call up the Honda Care and do an address change. Simple and it works.

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to the Sacucci and Curry websites for quotes, and they only go to 90k miles and cost over $1k. I have a 2008 V-6 Sedan (EX-L with Nav).

Where is everyone getting these great deals? I am looking for an 8 year, 120k mile warranty and would like to see what kind of price I can get. I would love to see something in the $700-$900 range with no deductible.
You have to have under 6000 miles in order to get the 8yr/120k extended service plan. I lied to them and said I had 5900......2 days ago....*snicker*

1 - 20 of 31 Posts