Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm thinking of getting one of the -81ACRD units to replace the in-dash navi unit in my 08 EX-L. I'm not a huge fan of the stock unit. I'm currently running 2 12" subs through an amplifier spliced into my rear speakers. I'm looking to keep OEM functionality with the dual climate controls and gain RCA output for a better signal to my subs. I understand that the -81ACRD has three 4V preamp outs to front speaker, rear speakers, and the subwoofer. Will this give me a better output to the amplifier than splicing my rear speakers does? I've read a few threads and people seem to have really good opinions of these units. and they are fairly cheap at about $170.

Are there any other double DIN units that you have replaced your navi unit with that fit and look good? I'd like to see. Navigation is a plus but it's not something I need in a new headunit. I don't use mine much as it is.

I'm familiar with the Metra and Scosche fit kits, and I would rather replace the top screen than add a new double DIN.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't hold me to it but I don't think I remeber there being a dedicated subwoofer pre out I could be wrong. Pulling signal from the rear speakers, I can't get much worse than that. There a for sure front and rear pre outs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts