Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I have been hunting for a 8th gen coupe with the 6 speed manual for a long time. It has been a car I wanted to years, I drive around 100 Miles everyday and dont want my 1998 BMW ///M3 as my daily driver, because its a rare car and not be a good daily driver, because its not a practical and reliable car, plus I cant have 2 cars. I have been searching all thru the internet about these 8th gens and have heard they run 13.7's stock with 101, 102 trap speed. I just wanted to know how it would compare in a race against a MS3, the newest gen STI's and EVO's, I know they will beat me from dig but I am talking about rolls, and stage 1 ,also what could I run with intake and a xlr8 j pipe. I also looked at a lot of srt4's lately and even though it is a dodge would be a much more practical car than my m3. Are srt4's fast or are they just bullshitting , saying their highway kings.

and please dont say stuff like accords arent made for the track, and to not race and stuff please, just want an honest opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 10 6-6 with a K&N cold air kit, I have not taken it to the track yet...I will soon. Everything I have found indicates an 8th gen 6-6 will run low 14s in the 1/4. Driving my Accord on the street it feels like a high 13 or low 14 sec car....not sure how it will hook at the track and without a good 60 foot time a 6-6 will not break 14 seconds. I've drag raced a lot of firebirds, camaros and mustang in my life and was disappointed with the lack of mods you can find for these cars, I can't even find a tune for an 8th gen accord. I've only found one good aftermarket shifter too, the stock one is not all that good.

STIs and EVOs will walk all over a 6-6. Good luck finding a stock STI or EVO. When I raced my 2000 trans am which ran mid 11s I had trouble beating them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
13.7 is an absolute best case scenario with upgraded tires, ideal temps, a perfect launch and flawless shifting. Most weekend warriors average 14.2-14.5.

Adding an intake and j-pipe will make the car sound better but will not make an appreciable difference in performance. At this time "Stage 1" does not exist for the 8th Gen's as the ECU has yet to be broken.

I can't say how the car would hold up against your M3, thought I seem to remember a recent conversation (maybe it was from a post you made) saying that the 8G 6-6 Coupe should beat a '98 M3 by a relatively small margin on the 1/4.

I can speak on the current generation STi/EVO question though... From a launch or roll the EVO would destroy the 6-6 no matter how inept the driver was. They're running mid-to-high 12's all day every day stock. The STi... it's a close call at the track but the STi should win unless the driver can't launch or shift worth their weight. But it wouldn't be a blow out by any means. From a roll the 6-6 should win. However, if the STi is even lightly modded (i.e. intake, Stage 1+ on 93 octane, etc.) then it should take the Honda no problem. With minimal investment I had my '11 STi Sedan running nearly 300hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 10 6-6 with a K&N cold air kit, I have not taken it to the track yet...I will soon. Everything I have found indicates an 8th gen 6-6 will run low 14s in the 1/4. Driving my Accord on the street it feels like a high 13 or low 14 sec car....not sure how it will hook at the track and without a good 60 foot time a 6-6 will not break 14 seconds. I've drag raced a lot of firebirds, camaros and mustang in my life and was disappointed with the lack of mods you can find for these cars, I can't even find a tune for an 8th gen accord. I've only found one good aftermarket shifter too, the stock one is not all that good.

STIs and EVOs will walk all over a 6-6. Good luck finding a stock STI or EVO. When I raced my 2000 trans am which ran mid 11s I had trouble beating them.
Stis and evos will never beat a 6-6 stock vs stock unless u shift like a grand ma...

Unless ur racing then from a stop, in which case awd will benefit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
STIs run low 13s stock, EVOs are high 13s....again, good luck finding one stock, they have a huge aftermarket for performance parts and Honda does not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STIs run low 13s stock, EVOs are high 13s....again, good luck finding one stock, they have a huge aftermarket for performance parts and Honda does not.
Didnt they run 13.7 @ 98 for the STI and 13.6 for the WRX or something like that, that means the Coupe 6-6 would destroy it on a roll if it traps 100+ easily.

13.7 is an absolute best case scenario with upgraded tires, ideal temps, a perfect launch and flawless shifting. Most weekend warriors average 14.2-14.5.

Adding an intake and j-pipe will make the car sound better but will not make an appreciable difference in performance. At this time "Stage 1" does not exist for the 8th Gen's as the ECU has yet to be broken.

I can't say how the car would hold up against your M3, thought I seem to remember a recent conversation (maybe it was from a post you made) saying that the 8G 6-6 Coupe should beat a '98 M3 by a relatively small margin on the 1/4.

I can speak on the current generation STi/EVO question though... From a launch or roll the EVO would destroy the 6-6 no matter how inept the driver was. They're running mid-to-high 12's all day every day stock. The STi... it's a close call at the track but the STi should win unless the driver can't launch or shift worth their weight. But it wouldn't be a blow out by any means. From a roll the 6-6 should win. However, if the STi is even lightly modded (i.e. intake, Stage 1+ on 93 octane, etc.) then it should take the Honda no problem. With minimal investment I had my '11 STi Sedan running nearly 300hp at the wheels.
Yes , well first of all I want my 8G too at least how as much power as my M3 so I could pass people whenever I wanted too, plus my M3 has intake, exhaust, and reflash so I dont know. The only thing I could tell you is that I hung with a MS3 from a 10-80 roll and it was my first 2 weeks driving.

I thought they were mid 13 second cars? I highly doubt it can run high 12's because that would mean at least a 105+ Trap meaning it would rape the 6-6 Coupe in every aspect

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
1,335 Posts
6/6 isn't the car for you considering your ambitions. For the money that an 8th 6-6 costs, you are better off getting a used pony car or something of that nature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6/6 isn't the car for you considering your ambitions. For the money that an 8th 6-6 costs, you are better off getting a used pony car or something of that nature.
Mustangs take too much gas especially for a V8 and accord looks better and is far better reliability.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought they were mid 13 second cars? I highly doubt it can run high 12's because that would mean at least a 105+ Trap meaning it would rape the 6-6 Coupe in every aspect
The EVO does rape the 6-6 in every aspect. :yes:

Sorry, but you're information is seriously flawed. Stock STi's running low-13's... hahahaha, not quite. Take it from a guy that owned one. :wave:

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,204 Posts
C/D TEST RESULTS (stock vs stock): '08 Accord 6-6 vs '08 Evo GSR vs '08 WRX STi vs '08 R32

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec vs 4.6 sec vs 5.0 sec vs 5.4 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 13.6 sec vs 12.5 sec vs 12.6 sec vs 14.9 sec

* Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.9 sec vs 6.1 sec vs 6.8 sec vs 6.2 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 102 mph vs 13.4 sec @ 103 mph vs 13.5 sec @ 103 mph vs 14.2 sec @ 98 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 130 mph vs 155 mph vs 150 mph vs 130 mph

Sources:

With mods done to each, the Evo, STi, and R32 will smoke the Accord.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The EVO does rape the 6-6 in every aspect. :yes:
Lmao. Kids these days thinking evos n stis are gods gift.

Stock they trap 1-2 mph less than a 6-6...

And lmfao at r32s beating accords, not a chance in hell.

And as u can see the accord wins from a 5mph street start... Not to mention a 40mph roll. Pcds j pipe and intake 6-6 will do some damage. And the top speed in accord is limited...

Ur ignorant if u think a 1/4 Mile time means anything on the highway.

·
Registered
152 Posts
C/D TEST RESULTS (stock vs stock): '08 Accord 6-6 vs '08 Evo GSR vs '08 WRX STi vs '08 R32

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec vs 4.6 sec vs 5.0 sec vs 5.4 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 13.6 sec vs 12.5 sec vs 12.6 sec vs 14.9 sec

* Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.9 sec vs 6.1 sec vs 6.8 sec vs 6.2 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 102 mph vs 13.4 sec @ 103 mph vs 13.5 sec @ 103 mph vs 14.2 sec @ 98 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 130 mph vs 155 mph vs 150 mph vs 130 mph

Sources:

With mods done to each, the Evo, STi, and R32 will smoke the Accord.
Lmao. Kids these days thinking evos n stis are gods gift.

Stock they trap 1-2 mph less than a 6-6...

And lmfao at r32s beating accords, not a chance in hell.

And as u can see the accord wins from a 5mph street start... Not to mention a 40mph roll. Pcds j pipe and intake 6-6 will do some damage.

Ur ignorant if u think a 1/4 Mile time means anything on the highway.
So you take the ONE STAT that is slightly in favor of the Honda by .2 seconds and are still trying to translate that into the 6-6 being better!? As far calling me a "kid", punk, I'm in my late 30's and have owned or driven ever car involved in this discussion minus the '98 M3. Nice try though. :lmao:

·
Registered
61 Posts
So you take the ONE STAT that is slightly in favor of the Honda by .2 seconds and are still trying to translate that into the 6-6 being better!? As far calling me a "kid", punk, I'm in my late 30's and have owned or driven ever car involved in this discussion minus the '98 M3. Nice try though. :lmao:
But that one stat proves my point exactly...

And I have owned a 11 ms3 (340 whp e85) a 05 s2000 a 08 civic si 2009 wrx 03 evo. I've taken all to the track multiple times.

Don't question my authoritayyy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, I mixed them up STI is 13.6 and the EVO is 13.3....a 6-6 won't beat either one.
Ya I am talking about roll, even thru a quarter mile a 6-6 would be close to the AWD STI, by maybe a few tenths if your a good driver. But Roll I would think drivetrain loss will help the 6-6 out a lot , and if your roll racing the trap speed is what you look at , and the 6-6 traps 100+ easily , and I think the STI traps like up to 100 at best while evo is around 102 at best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
But how are you comparing an awd car vs a fwd in a 1/4 mile race. That just proves who has more traction. If much rather do damage on the highway.
I'm not comparing them, the OP is. I just stated a point that a 6-6 won't beat either one in a 1/4 mile. I don't think a 6-6 can take them on the hwy either, it's naturally aspirated and they are both turbocharged.

Ya I am talking about roll, even thru a quarter mile a 6-6 would be close to the AWD STI, by maybe a few tenths if your a good driver. But Roll I would think drivetrain loss will help the 6-6 out a lot , and if your roll racing the trap speed is what you look at , and the 6-6 traps 100+ easily , and I think the STI traps like up to 100 at best while evo is around 102 at best.
From a role is a different story: Motortrend 45-65 test:

6-6 2.5 sec
STI 2.8 sec
EVO 2.4 sec

1 - 20 of 21 Posts