Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my bike last week. I had fun with it for the past three years but just decided to give it up as I really wasn’t riding it much anymore. Anyway, now I’m looking for a second car. I had turbo cars in the past and they are so much fun so I think I have it narrowed down to either the WRX or the Mazdaspeed3 with more emphasis on the speed3 right now.

I want a car that I can modify more and abuse a little more. Since the Accord is my DD I baby the thing to death. But I’m not sure since I like the WRX because of the AWD, but I like the speed3 because you don’t see that many on the road. I’m also looking for something that has a lot of aftermarket support and it seems like Mazda doesn’t really have much and the WRX does. I am looking used BTW, something around 12k-15k. Oh and an S2000 is in the back of my mind, but probably will not happen. Regardless of which car I get stick is a MUST, although I know the speed3 only comes in manual and I think the S2000 is the same as well.

Also, I would love to hear past experiences with any of these cars as well

So what do you guys think? I should own an 8th GEN coupe and…………?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I don't like buying used cars that are typically owned by a younger group. I see too many that are abused. If you can find a WRX, MS3, or S2000 that has been owned by a mature adult I think it'd be worth the search.

I'd save up an extra 10k and get a Lotus Elise, I've seen lots of them for around 25k. You get the exclusivity, the fun factor, and reliability (at least on the engine and tranny since they are Toyota). A downside is insurance is high since it's an exotic two seater.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't like buying used cars that are typically owned by a younger group. I see too many that are abused. If you can find a WRX, MS3, or S2000 that has been owned by a mature adult I think it'd be worth the search.

I'd save up an extra 10k and get a Lotus Elise, I've seen lots of them for around 25k. You get the exclusivity, the fun factor, and reliability (at least on the engine and tranny since they are Toyota). A downside is insurance is high since it's an exotic two seater.
I'm really interest in the Lotus Elise, but I could not find any car that around 25k so can you please give a lead thanks.

@OP: I think the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo is a good one. Pontiac g8 if you don't mind American car. Why not S2000 it's a good car for turbo-ing, buy 06+ s2000 put a decent turbo in and you good to roll. Check this clip out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49McBCqFNM

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You have a very good point and that’s exactly what I would do. When I bought my first car (88 Mustang 5.0) even though I was 17 I was smart enough even then to find an older seller. I ended up buying from a rich old man that had multiple nice cars all garage kept. Funny, I think he was a little hesitant selling to me thinking I would beat the crap out of the thing. Well in all honestly I kinda did beat the crap out of the car, but not on purpose….just part of learning to drive lol

And yea I love the Elise, might be a little small for me but yea

·
Acura CU4 V6
296 Posts
I'm with xjoemama, most of those cars are driven by young kids who beat the crap out of them. Unless you do a good research.

IMO if you are willing to spend maybe 1-2k more you could find a nice used Mini Cooper S. Those are awesome little cars, fun to drive, excellent on gas and a great variety of aftermarket parts.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really interest in the Lotus Elise, but I could not find any car that around 25k so can you please give a lead thanks.

@OP: I think the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo is a good one. Pontiac g8 if you don't mind American car. Why not S2000 it's a good car for turbo-ing, buy 06+ s2000 put a decent turbo in and you good to roll. Check this clip out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49McBCqFNM
My brothers got an Evo, awesome car as he has the thing over 300 WHP but just don’t want the same thing. But an S2K is on my list and would be nice to hear one of them spool up

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Someone on vtec.net has a modded S2000 with a supercharger and a few other mods putting out 400+ hp :-o That would be a fun ride.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would say s2000, because that provides a much different experiance compared to an accord and another car. Plus its the only RWD and obviously a convertable, so you'll still have that bike exhileration if you want it.

But out of the Subaru and the Mazda, I'd take the Mazda :yes:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I see them on craigslist from time to time and there is usually always at least one on Auto Trader. With Auto Trader you have to be willing to drive (do an unlimited mileage from your zip code search).

I would say s2000, because that provides a much different experiance compared to an accord and another car. Plus its the only RWD and obviously a convertable, so you'll still have that bike exhileration if you want it.

But out of the Subaru and the Mazda, I'd take the Mazda :yes:
I don't care how fast a car is, it won't ever match the thrill of even a 600cc sport bike. :D If my back had never gotten jacked up I would still be riding, though I may pick up another cruiser. I could probably ride that without pain.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see them on craigslist from time to time and there is usually always at least one on Auto Trader. With Auto Trader you have to be willing to drive (do an unlimited mileage from your zip code search).

I don't care how fast a car is, it won't ever match the thrill of even a 600cc sport bike. :D If my back had never gotten jacked up I would still be riding, though I may pick up another cruiser. I could probably ride that without pain.

Bike exhileration-ish :thmsup:

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
For your price range I would get a used WRX, Legacy GT, or GTO if this is strictly a weekend warrior.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your input guys. My brother has the Evo so I don’t want the same thing. I would love to grab an S2000 and throw a turbo on, but I’m just not that good lol I don’t know the first thing about bolting on a turbo. I am looking for something that already has a turbo and modify from there. I am leaning more and more to the Mazdaspeed3. IDK, may end up just saving the money and trading in the Accord when I’m bored with it for something really hot lol For now (well the winter at least) I think I’m just going to sit back and enjoy my coupe…

Oh and to the person that said don’t buy the WRX because kids buy them and beat them up…..I don’t know if it’s just in NJ or my part of NJ, but I see older women driving the WRX ALL THE TIME. Seriously I really do, in fact I seen a women a couple months ago driving an STI and she was like 70. It cracks me up when I see this stuff. It’s just funny because they have no idea what they are driving and what kind of power those things have. Makes me wonder like how does a salesman convince a 70 year old women that she needs a 300+ HP car? :paranoid:

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Thanks for your input guys. My brother has the Evo so I don’t want the same thing. I would love to grab an S2000 and throw a turbo on, but I’m just not that good lol I don’t know the first thing about bolting on a turbo. I am looking for something that already has a turbo and modify from there. I am leaning more and more to the Mazdaspeed3. IDK, may end up just saving the money and trading in the Accord when I’m bored with it for something really hot lol For now (well the winter at least) I think I’m just going to sit back and enjoy my coupe…

Oh and to the person that said don’t buy the WRX because kids buy them and beat them up…..I don’t know if it’s just in NJ or my part of NJ, but I see older women driving the WRX ALL THE TIME. Seriously I really do, in fact I seen a women a couple months ago driving an STI and she was like 70. It cracks me up when I see this stuff. It’s just funny because they have no idea what they are driving and what kind of power those things have. Makes me wonder like how does a salesman convince a 70 year old women that she needs a 300+ HP car? :paranoid:
You don't have very many years left, you need to get where you are going as fast as possible.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts