Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

So I have a 2011 Accord EXL V6. I'm planning on installing a third-party android head unit as well as side-view cameras on both sides. So far I'm waiting for the head unit to come as well as the side view cameras. I have created a wiring diagram beforehand to help me out but I'm still stuck on a few things and as hoping one of you can help. I'll make things easier by including the modules I have bought in order to get this mod to work.

1 x Android Head unit
2 x side view cameras (will install it under the side view mirrors and feed the wire into the TSI)
1 x Turn signal Interface (TSI)

Before you continue I recommend you look at the diagram and understand a few things.

Initially, I wasn't sure how to tap into the turn signal lights upfront as its really hard to get to the wiring and there's no harness by the driver's side footwell. So I decided to tap into the turn signal lights in the back (Had to grab more wire from Homedepot, they didn't have 22 gauge so 18 works fine too and it was like $6 for 40 ft of wire).

Problem #1
My car comes with an OME back up camera installed and I would like to know the wiring diagram for it. Once I pull out the OEM head unit ill have to either connect the backup camera wire with the corresponding wire that attaches to the TSI ORR when I install the new head unit (which had the backup camera option but I'm not sure what that means) i leave it as it is.

Problem #2
If you look at the diagram you'll see the red and black wire left are open. So these are the wires ill need to connect to a power source. Something that turns on with the car but I'm not trying to use a 12v cigarette light connecter so where is the best alternative for power.

I'm planning on making a video of this upgrade, lmk if you guys want more information.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be watching this thread as I was thinking of doing the same. I would be using salvage side view mirrors with the integral camera and connector. You can tap into the fuse box for the turn signals. There's a video on YouTube of someone upgrading to mirrors with turn signal indicators. How to wire up the cameras, with after market head unit would involve finding the pin on the mirror plug and running a wire from it to the head unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts