Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a install guide for a ipod install for use with the factory radio
my car is a 2010 exl no nav but i have xm and aux on my radio. I want to be able to use my steering controls and have ipod text on my radio as well.
thanks!!

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,713 Posts
look for the dice unit or usa spec It has all of the info there and then look at the adio post from jayknicht and it has all the teardown data

·
Registered
74 Posts
USASPEC is amazing. I used to have it on my TL. I will be getting it for my ACCORD in the mean time i'll be using AUX.

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you have an 2010 EX-L, get the USB Interface from CHH. It is flawless. Easily one of my favorite mods.

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
i have an LX-s, would it work if i didnt have XM radio or navi on my oem radio?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dont flame because I have no idea about any of this but there is an "aux" connection in the center console. Can I just plug the connection from a Sony walkman MP3 player in there and use it through the radio?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Dont flame because I have no idea about any of this but there is an "aux" connection in the center console. Can I just plug the connection from a Sony walkman MP3 player in there and use it through the radio?
Yes

·
Registered
2 Posts
So what is the whole purpose of the USB interface? ipods use a different connection?
You can use an iPod with the aux connection but you getter better sound quality with an interface. Plus most of them allow for song/artist info to be displayed on the stereo's screen and give you the ability to control the iPod with the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
You can use an iPod with the aux connection but you getter better sound quality with an interface. Plus most of them allow for song/artist info to be displayed on the stereo's screen and give you the ability to control the iPod with the steering wheel controls.
All that plus it will charge an iPod and I think you can use USB flash drives. If you use the AUX in you have to set two volume controls: one on the radio, and one on the device. You get better sound through the USB connection because it is bypassing the device's amp. With an AUX input you are taking a very low amplified power signal (headphones don't need a lot of power) and amplifying it again with the radio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts