Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a quick video to show you guys what I have, and wanted some responses to see what you guys think I should do next.

I'm feeling coilovers, audio, wheels, then other small details, but what you guys think?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry I don't really have any suggestions - just wanted to say that it looks great. Seems like you are doing a very thorough job, and your future plans (fogs, subs, etc.) will be icing on the cake :thmsup:

I think the non-tinted rear lights will look better with your black/red theme ... plus it'll be safer for everyone :paranoid:

·
Registered
293 Posts
the v6 lip spoiler for the trunk, I was gonna say dual exhaust but you probably spent enough on that cat back. I just got my sunroof visor and the ones for the doors to, looks bad ass!:banana:

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I don't really have any suggestions - just wanted to say that it looks great. Seems like you are doing a very thorough job, and your future plans (fogs, subs, etc.) will be icing on the cake :thmsup:

I think the non-tinted rear lights will look better with your black/red theme ... plus it'll be safer for everyone :paranoid:
thanks man much appreciated

the v6 lip spoiler for the trunk, I was gonna say dual exhaust but you probably spent enough on that cat back. I just got my sunroof visor and the ones for the doors to, looks bad ass!:banana:
i was thinking about the v6 spoiler but i dont know if i want to go for the v6 look. and i was thinking about buying a second greddy exhaust for my car to fill in the left side so i could go dual but i think it might be overkill because the Greddy Exhaust Ti-C exhaust tip is already 4 inches and might look weird with 2? i dunno. i'd first want to see what two of them would look like before i get it done.

you may like the sunroof visor and window visors but in my opinion they make the car look cheap. i understand their function but i wouldn't want them on my car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
how did u paint the inside of ur dash red i want to do mine blue

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
please remove the type R symbols. that's ricer status. there is no such thing as a type R for the 8th gen accords.

good mods done = everything you done under the engine, your exhaust, your remote start, your sound deadening, painted cluster and swapped out nappa leather for the boots.

bad mods = your type r badge, your tail light tint looks dull its not glossy im guessing because it was tinted by a tint roll and not sprayed, not really a fan of black plasti dipped wheels anymore lol

what you need to do = trunk/roof spoilers, coilovers to lower, 19 or 20 inch wheels

·
Registered
140 Posts
please remove the type R symbols. that's ricer status. there is no such thing as a type R for the 8th gen accords.
Did you miss the part in the video where he acknowledges and embraces the fact that there is no such thing as a "Type R" Accord? I don't think he's taking it that seriously and truly wants people to believe he has some super rare import ;) To me it seems more like harmless fun and just personalizing the car.

I'd compare it to something like the people who put in a "dummy" 2nd exhaust on the i4. I don't think they are really trying to misrepresent what they have, but rather just changing the aesthetics of the vehicle...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mikeyd is upset that he didnt get himself a coupe. I finally registered after a year of reading through this forum just to say that. Also I WANT that type r badge on the front of my accord which is the same as yours except automatic. Where did you get it or order it from? & where can I find those chrome doorsills? 1 thing you havent mentioned was headlights, im planning on getting aftermarket spyder brand audi style for mine which have the led strip like the new accords do what do you think about those? The only reason I have yet to tint my taillights exactly like yours is cause I wanna go aftermarket on those too so I can have full leds back there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For the headlight go retrofit if u want to replace them cuz aftermarket brands tends to be a pile of ****.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how did u paint the inside of ur dash red i want to do mine blue
I had to remove all interior accent panels by simply pulling on them except for the steering wheel where i had to disassemble the entire thing to get to them.
After they were out i wetsanded with 800 grit sand paper, applied 2 coats of sandeable primer where i wetsanded that down with 1000 grit sand paper. After that, i applied 4 coats of red base coat and then 3 coats of clear coat. They turned out really good. If they ever get scratched or whatever over time, you can polish, wax and treat it just like exterior paint.

good mods done = everything you done under the engine, your exhaust, your remote start, your sound deadening, painted cluster and swapped out nappa leather for the boots.

bad mods = your type r badge, your tail light tint looks dull its not glossy im guessing because it was tinted by a tint roll and not sprayed, not really a fan of black plasti dipped wheels anymore lol

what you need to do = trunk/roof spoilers, coilovers to lower, 19 or 20 inch wheels
The Type R is not a ricer status. I know there isn't a Type R accord and that was the exact reason why i did it. The Honda Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families and i thought it was completely appropriate to add these emblems to my car. It has performance upgrades, along with some aesthetic upgrades such as the red Honda emblems. Also, do you think a Honda NSX Type R is a ricer car? if you do, you should sell your car immediately and buy something like a Cobalt.

The tail lights were tinted using a spray, VHT nightshades, 5 coats of it and then 2 coats of clear coat.

Thank you for your recommendations like the coilovers and wheels. I might buy the coilovers first and then the wheels afterwards.

Mikeyd is upset that he didnt get himself a coupe. I finally registered after a year of reading through this forum just to say that. Also I WANT that type r badge on the front of my accord which is the same as yours except automatic. Where did you get it or order it from? & where can I find those chrome doorsills? 1 thing you havent mentioned was headlights, im planning on getting aftermarket spyder brand audi style for mine which have the led strip like the new accords do what do you think about those? The only reason I have yet to tint my taillights exactly like yours is cause I wanna go aftermarket on those too so I can have full leds back there.
Thanks :) I honestly forget where i bought them from but you can google it, or even look on ebay or amazon for em. And the doorsills i bought from Yospeed. They come in the black powder coat, or if you let them know before the order is placed that you want silver aluminium ones, they can have it arranged. And i also want to get the LED tail lights for the accord coupe. They will make the car look nicer i think.

http://yospeed.com/2008-honda-accord-coupe-door-sill-garnish

·
Banned
1,375 Posts

im upset I didn't buy a coupe? lmao.. I like the sedans way better and they have more aftermarket upgrades than the coupe does. plus I always have people in my car a coupe wouldn't do it for me and also <edited by Mod> its way better having 4 doors and a lot more room i<edited by Mod>t than a coupe.

I had to remove all interior accent panels by simply pulling on them except for the steering wheel where i had to disassemble the entire thing to get to them.
After they were out i wetsanded with 800 grit sand paper, applied 2 coats of sandeable primer where i wetsanded that down with 1000 grit sand paper. After that, i applied 4 coats of red base coat and then 3 coats of clear coat. They turned out really good. If they ever get scratched or whatever over time, you can polish, wax and treat it just like exterior paint.

The Type R is not a ricer status. I know there isn't a Type R accord and that was the exact reason why i did it. The Honda Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families and i thought it was completely appropriate to add these emblems to my car. It has performance upgrades, along with some aesthetic upgrades such as the red Honda emblems. Also, do you think a Honda NSX Type R is a ricer car? if you do, you should sell your car immediately and buy something like a Cobalt.

The tail lights were tinted using a spray, VHT nightshades, 5 coats of it and then 2 coats of clear coat.

Thank you for your recommendations like the coilovers and wheels. I might buy the coilovers first and then the wheels afterwards.
lol did I ever mention the nsx being ricer? I just said adding a bogus badge to your car was very cheesy. other than that its not that bad. you might as well slap on mugen emblems and put them all over your coupe even though mugen doesn't exist for coupes. same concept as the type r badge its very cheesy and your little performance upgrades don't mean anything to call it a type R.

generally a type r model from Honda includes sport tuned suspensions for way better handling, an engine completely tuned differenetly than a regular model, such as higher redline, higher compression, resulting in much more horsepower, better braking, etc.

im not saying your car is bad I just think those badges are very cheesy but overall your car is coming out nicely especially when you get coilovers and wheels

·
Registered
437 Posts
a lip spoiler and a roof spoiler would def. make the back end look more aggressive! Go for a hfp body kit also and honestly, I'm not a big fan of the type r badge either. I love the interior color scheme!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
and also when you ************************its way better having 4 doors and a lot more room in the backseat than a coupe.
:rolleyes:

you might as well slap on mugen emblems and put them all over your coupe even though mugen doesn't exist for coupes. same concept as the type r badge its very cheesy and your little performance upgrades don't mean anything to call it a type R.
So do you give this much grief to the people that put a Mugen grille on their sedan with no other performance mods to "back it up"? Or to people that put Transformer autobot/decepticon emblems on their car, because, you know, it doesn't literally transform :D

It goes without saying that painted brake calipers and emblems won't, in fact, get you "an extra 25 kilowatts", but do they look good? It's subjective, but in the right context, I think so...

Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting the OP's direction, but to me, it's like a more subtle version of what they do on mightycarmods. It's supposed to be something fun to personalize one's car. In a world of God-knows how many millions of 8G Accords, I think toeing the line between personalization and cheesy-ness, is probably not a bad thing. Certainly takes more effort to try to be tastefully unique than bone-stock (like myself...I'm lazy).

haha...not sure why I'm so passionate on the subject. It's not even my car, and not something I'd do to my car, but I understand and appreciate the concept and effort :thmsup:

·
Banned
1,375 Posts

So do you give this much grief to the people that put a Mugen grille on their sedan with no other performance mods to "back it up"? Or to people that put Transformer autobot/decepticon emblems on their car, because, you know, it doesn't literally transform :D

It goes without saying that painted brake calipers and emblems won't, in fact, get you "an extra 25 kilowatts", but do they look good? It's subjective, but in the right context, I think so...

Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting the OP's direction, but to me, it's like a more subtle version of what they do on mightycarmods. It's supposed to be something fun to personalize one's car. In a world of God-knows how many millions of 8G Accords, I think toeing the line between personalization and cheesy-ness, is probably not a bad thing. Certainly takes more effort to try to be tastefully unique than bone-stock (like myself...I'm lazy).

haha...not sure why I'm so passionate on the subject. It's not even my car, and not something I'd do to my car, but I understand and appreciate the concept and effort :thmsup:
If you didn't know. The sedan ACTUALLY has mugen upgrades for the accord. It's not performance related. It's body kits and interior goodies and wheels. Me telling a mugen grill is because I'm actually gonna put the mugen body kit in th upcoming months lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you didn't know. The sedan ACTUALLY has mugen upgrades for the accord. It's not performance related. It's body kits and interior goodies and wheels.
*sigh* Yes, I'm relatively aware of what Mugen, HFP and Type R, are. I realize that Mugen doesn't make performance-related products for the 8G Accord, specifically, but when I think Mugen, I think performance, hence the moniker: "Mugen Power".

The point was that, in my opinion, just because you have some mods or emblems that are associated with performance, doesn't mean you need to have the performance to back it up, and that you are a poser if you don't.

Anyways, I think I've contributed to running this thread off the rails long enough, so I'll bow out now. The OP can chime in if he really wants to continue this debate :wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Theres no debate, type r symbols are apperantly for ricer/azn honda owners like myself and milan who care somewhat about performance and mugen symbols on these newer accords seem to be used by <edited by Mod> owners like mikeyd who only care about the outside of their cars. Now watch me blow all your minds, since I purchased my 8g accord last year ive seriously been planning on completely debadging and slapping an acura emblem on the back instead of the H. Im halfway there and I WILL post pics when thats completed.

Start hating.............................

NOW

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Theres no debate, type r symbols are apperantly for ricer/azn honda owners like myself and milan who care somewhat about performance and mugen symbols on these newer accords seem to be used by <edited by Mod> owners like mikeyd who only care about the outside of their cars. Now watch me blow all your minds, since I purchased my 8g accord last year ive seriously been planning on completely debadging and slapping an acura emblem on the back instead of the H. Im halfway there and I WILL post pics when thats completed.

NOW
wow

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Well said.

Theres no debate, type r symbols are apperantly for ricer/azn honda owners like myself and milan who care somewhat about performance and mugen symbols on these newer accords seem to be used by <edited by Mod> honda owners like mikeyd who only care about the outside of their cars. Now watch me blow all your minds, since I purchased my 8g accord last year ive seriously been planning on completely debadging and slapping an acura emblem on the back instead of the H. Im halfway there and I WILL post pics when thats completed.

NOW
I think its a neat idea and i say go for it. I'd like to see what it looks like. :thmsup:

Let me put it this way guys. You can do whatever you want with your car, and the reason is because its YOUR car. I personally like how my accord is different than everyone else's because no one has done a Type R, while Mugen and HFP have been done. I'm not saying that Type R is better or Mugen and HFP are worse, it is simply my taste. I wanted to do some performance upgrades like the throttle body spacer, SRI, and exhaust, along with some handling upgrades like removing extra weight like the spare wheel and slam on a 22mm rear sway bar with adjusteable end links, with some moderate, somewhat unique, yet noticeable visual upgrades like the emblems, interior accent trim pieces, Type R badges , and everything else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.