Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so i think i got a pretty good deal,
got 2 boston g2 12's in a box + boston gt24 + boston gt40 + cap = $380

they fit in my trunk pretty well, and i still have to do the installation got a few concerns...
i have stock head unit and i know they have line out converters ( or something like that that converts speaker wire to rca ) anyone know any good ones?
plus has anyone done this to a stock head unit? i have the exl that comes with the sub already... i need some help and tips from people that have experience and know what they are doing. pics would help, or detailed instructions... im pretty good with setting up subs (did on my POS Integra few years back...)

since this will be my first time taking the trim apart, any tips on how and which side i should run the wire?

to those that really know what they are talking about, send me a PM =D thank you

·
Maui Built Surf Team
102 Posts
Good luck post pics when your done!!
Since the Ex-L has a stock subwoofer/bass control you should already have subwoofer connection outlets behind you headunit...you shouldn't need any new wire harness.
Just run the wires and plug them up! But if not you can find the wire-harness splice kits for aftermarket bass add-ons at best buy and places that install car audio.
Make sure you run the wires right! Im sure you know this already though. Power/RCA/Radio wires don't mix haha. Oh and when you get everything installed you will need to disable the Rear ANC. Im 99% sure you run into the sound problem.... subwoofer picking up unwanted road/car sounds..

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey, so i think i got a pretty good deal,
got 2 boston g2 12's in a box + boston gt24 + boston gt40 + cap = $380

they fit in my trunk pretty well, and i still have to do the installation got a few concerns...
i have stock head unit and i know they have line out converters ( or something like that that converts speaker wire to rca ) anyone know any good ones?
plus has anyone done this to a stock head unit? i have the exl that comes with the sub already... i need some help and tips from people that have experience and know what they are doing. pics would help, or detailed instructions... im pretty good with setting up subs (did on my POS Integra few years back...)

since this will be my first time taking the trim apart, any tips on how and which side i should run the wire?

to those that really know what they are talking about, send me a PM =D thank you
HAHA you are my doppleganger sir, i use to have kickers in my 08 metallic gray 2dr ex accord . 2 kickers and a sony amp. I installed everything myself. Just go out to walmart to but the wiring kit, by scosche, go to best buy for the LOC . unplug your stock sub, and use the wire for a signal to your amp. So the stock sub harness goes to the LOC and from the LOC, RCAs should connect into the AMP. then the amp to the subs, for the REM i jus piggybacked it into a speaker. so when the car turns on, that same signal to turn the speaker on will run through the amp and turn it on.

Run the wire through the engine bay through the firewall, (theres a small hidin grommet) look for it. then from the drive side door panel. and into the trunk.

Hope any of this helps ya. and post when your all done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts