Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm really interested in getting some new headlights with halos installed. I found these while looking around everywhere:

http://www.k2motor.com/2lhp-acd082jm-ks.html

Anyone have any experience with these? I'd like to know how they look, if they've had any problems, how easy they are to install, or anything else that would be helpful.

Also is this a good price? i've seen some other ones on ebay that are 450 +
I can't do the 'halo' installation myself because I dont have anything to take my headlights apart with, so I'd rather just buy the whole thing.
Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
From the 4 or 5 posts ive seen about these halo headlights... on ebay or any other site. They all are of poor quality. I think it would be better to send your lights to lightwerkz or company that will install the halos into your existing housing, rather than buying a whole new set of crappy headlights.

·
Registered
404 Posts
.. or what lfyazzbrasileno said

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the response guys. I personally think the halos look hot.. but that's jut my personal opinion.

Desiboy5291 where have you seen the reviews? I searched everywhere and haven't seen any reviews not even on ebay, at least not for these headlights. Can you tell me where you found those?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I dont have the threads bookmarked... but ive been on threads where it started off about like HIDs... then someone asked about these ebay halo ones... and overall everyone was against them. if i have time tomorrow ill try to find it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have the threads bookmarked... but ive been on threads where it started off about like HIDs... then someone asked about these ebay halo ones... and overall everyone was against them. if i have time tomorrow ill try to find it for you.
Thanx! Yeah the ones on ebay are by eagle eye, i'm not sure who these ones are by, they're not on ebay though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
looks ugly. dont do it
i kind of agree. I mean they look kind of tacky on a non-audi/bmw/porsche... but i really like halos so i would put them on my car if they were really good quality.

·
In The Game
949 Posts
Desiboy5291 where have you seen the reviews? I searched everywhere and haven't seen any reviews not even on ebay, at least not for these headlights. Can you tell me where you found those?
Regardless of peer reviews on these headlights, you (and anyone else) should know that you get what you pay for. I say invest and do it right and send your headlights to Lightwerkz (or another reputable retrofit service, if you can find one) to get a retrofit along with halos. You will definitely not be let down.

And yes, these lights ****. The light output is worse than OEM.

·
Registered
404 Posts
what if you just put in HIDS... so would that fix the horrible light output? or is it just the housing and reflectors that blow..

·
Registered
45 Posts
^ i dont think hids will fix the problem. In terms of brightness it will increase but sharp cutoff line, width etc then no. As the above posters said, you get what you pay for these aftermarket projectors. Best thing to do if you want increase light output is to save up for retrofit or try to diy it. Hidplanet had some great pics of ls430 and s2k cutoffs and you'll see the huge difference in output

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking of doing the same thing as desiboy, getting the HIDs which I would think would fix the problem.....

I dont really have a spare car or spare headlights... so If i send mine off to get them retrofitted what would I drive?? lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
in that case your only option is to get a spare set of oem headlights and send those off to get retrofitted (look on ebay). IMO its better to save up and do it right once rather than paying less and getting lower quality stuff. The output from retrofitted projectors are going to beat these aftermarket ones hands down.

·
Registered
185 Posts
hey guys, I'm really interested in getting some new headlights with halos installed. I found these while looking around everywhere:

http://www.k2motor.com/2lhp-acd082jm-ks.html

Anyone have any experience with these? I'd like to know how they look, if they've had any problems, how easy they are to install, or anything else that would be helpful.

Also is this a good price? i've seen some other ones on ebay that are 450 +
I can't do the 'halo' installation myself because I dont have anything to take my headlights apart with, so I'd rather just buy the whole thing.
Thanks!

There are numerous posts regarding angel eye headlights. I have them along with a few others on the forum. Our experiences with them have been so far so good. I love the look and get many compliments. I purchased mine from ebay from sabersport so go with your gut. It's your car. :)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts