Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up I've got a 2008 EX-L v6 and just ordered some Meagan racing lowering springs. Had some questions on installation, wondering who did it themselves and who took it to the shop. How much did your shop charge aswell?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I installed my springs, then about six months later, installed coilovers myself. The springs took about 6 hours but me and some friends were taking it slow. The coilovers took about 2 hours not including adjustments after installation. it's really not too hard but i would suggest having a second set of hands.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just do it yourself. I did it in about 2 hours by myself with hand tools, but I have done many many suspension installs.

Rent a spring compressor from your local auto parts store then go at it. It's all straight forward once you get into it. Message me if you have any questions and I can walk you through.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yea you can't do it it's not too tough. The crappy part with springs is the need to remove the top hat and compress the spring. With coilovers you just slap em in there and play with the height. If you rent a spring compressor from an auto parts store inspect it well and make sure the threads aren't flattened. I've rented a few in the past that where pretty mashed up and didn't end up working. Also if you have access to an impact gun it makes things much faster and your forearms will thank you later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts