Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know there are a lot of threads on this topic but right now im on csun network.. which is like 0.001gb/sec... so it will take me hours to search..

my new 8th gen honda accord has about 3300 miles on odometer and the engine oil life reader says its at 50%.

i never drove a honda before so i dont know if i should follow the reader or just change the oil anyways..?

anyone???? thank you!!

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
PLEASE follow the owners manual which says change your oil when the MM says 15%. That's it.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I change my oil at 5K-6K miles which is about 30% on the indicator. Your car. Your money. Your choice.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!

to Danielc409: my dip stick is about 3/4 from full.. i checked it about a week ago..

well its because my dad is all nagging at me about it -_-
im the first japanese car owner in the family so yeah.. we're not that familiar with how honda rolls..

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Take it down to 15%. There is a special blend in there to help break in the engine.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
With typical driving, you can drive 7000-8000 miles before having to change oil. Follow the MM

·
Registered
105 Posts
drive to 15% then take it in.. got my second oil change earlier today at a little over 16k miles.. woohooooo :banana:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Take it down to 15%. There is a special blend in there to help break in the engine.
+1
The factory put SPECIAL stuff that seals and provides lasting protection of your engine.
DO NOT CHANGE at least up to 5K

There have been reports that people who changed oil at 1200 or before 5000 miles had issues of metal porosity and leaks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good call, Chicken. 15% on Maintenance Minder or 1 year from purchase, whichever comes first.
this plus dont forget about your e-brake doing 70-80 degrees when fully pulled. Did you already have the dealer fix it?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Does the 15% on MM only apply to first run or all oil changes since as well?

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Depending on driving habits and distance it stays on a 5 degree increment for quite a while. I watched it as it approached 20 and then it was a while before in hit 15. So I waited until it 10 to fully break in. All was good.:thmsup: But definately follow the minder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts