Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering has anyone done this to their sedan yet? on the i4 there are not cut outs so you must cut them out yourself i know that but i dont want to screw up cutting the holes myself.....
i found the step by step DIY fog light installation for the 8th gen coupe http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22936 but i know the sedan is just about the same but the sedan has to cut out the hole yourself...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I just hate how the aftermarket fog light housing looks on there. Save some $$$ and get yourself a v6 bumper.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just hate how the aftermarket fog light housing looks on there. Save some $$$ and get yourself a v6 bumper.
The aftermarket fog on I4 is actually a copy from the OEM, the reason that it's called aftermarket is it is not made by Honda but a copy. It's not that someone decides to be creative and build one for the I4.

The I4 bumper is different than V6, I4 bumper does has it's own OEM fogs. OEM fogs is an option for I4 too.

Many people failed to notice the difference, same as OP.

·
New moddin' canvas
880 Posts
The I4 bumper is different than V6, I4 bumper does has it's own OEM fogs. OEM fogs is an option for I4 too.
The OEM fogs are add ons to the I4 bumper cover which are butt ugly imho. I would definitely get the V6 bumper cover if I wanted fogs on an I4 sedan.

I am not sure what is meant by this statement.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Sedan Bumper from a i4 to a v6 are the same with the only exception that v6 comes already the the holes for the foglights. I really dont understand what your saying? If putting foglights on a sedan that doesnt come with them you need to install a foglight kit which you can tell from a mile away. Look at "nghanzo" avatar picture he has the kit.

Only all coupes have the holes for the foglights.

The aftermarket fog on I4 is actually a copy from the OEM, the reason that it's called aftermarket is it is not made by Honda but a copy. It's not that someone decides to be creative and build one for the I4.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The OEM fogs are add ons to the I4 bumper cover which are butt ugly imho. I would definitely get the V6 bumper cover if I wanted fogs on an I4 sedan.

I am not sure what is meant by this statement.
Sedan Bumper from a i4 to a v6 are the same with the only exception that v6 comes already the the holes for the foglights. I really dont understand what your saying? If putting foglights on a sedan that doesnt come with them you need to install a foglight kit which you can tell from a mile away. Look at "nghanzo" avatar picture he has the kit.

Only all coupes have the holes for the foglights.
Like I said, I4 and V6 bumpers on sedan are different to begin with. Many people, like the OP, failed to distinguish the difference on both bumpers.

Both bumpers are different in designs and HONDA does designed OEM fogs for each bumper.

·
New moddin' canvas
880 Posts
Sedan Bumper from a i4 to a v6 are the same with the only exception that v6 comes already the the holes for the foglights.
The bumper cover for the I4 sedan is different than the V6 variant. The coupe guys are lucky in this regard.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bumper cover for the I4 sedan is different than the V6 variant. The coupe guys are lucky in this regard.
agreed... but im purchasing oem flushed fog lights for my i4 and will post pics when its finished

·
Registered
37 Posts
sorry to bring this topic up but quick question:

is the v6 bumper a perfect fit for the i4 and no other thing to purchase except the bumper cover itself (same clips, same bolts)? and for the fog light, is it the same as the one if you buy the fog light kit? if only buying the fog light together with the v6 bumper cover, do i need to buy harness or it comes with it?

duckie015, pix pls. thx!

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to bring this topic up but quick question:

is the v6 bumper a perfect fit for the i4 and no other thing to purchase except the bumper cover itself (same clips, same bolts)? and for the fog light, is it the same as the one if you buy the fog light kit? if only buying the fog light together with the v6 bumper cover, do i need to buy harness or it comes with it?

duckie015, pix pls. thx!
Yes the v6 - i4 bumper conversion is a direct fit. As for the fog lights, there are two different kinds, the buggy eyed ones for the i4 and the oem v6 set. The need for a harness depends on the trim (ex and above have an oem harness for the fogs)

·
Registered
37 Posts
thx bkzdragon. heard from keak too that it's a perfect fit. will canvass the price to see whether to change the bumper or just buy the foglight kit for i4.

for the looks, any comments? do the bumper conversion or do the foglight kit for i4?

btw, i have ex sedan. does the oem foglight for v6 comes with the cord already? or it's sold separately? checked magsauto.com and they are selling it without the cord. that's the reason i asked for the harness.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
352 Posts
Hi, so I'm thinking about adding fog lights onto my 2010, I have seen a lot of posts about this topic but people seemed to know more already coming in than I do. So I have an LX sedan and I want to add fog lights on the front bumper and have them look like they came from the factory. I am thinking about buying the parts and then having the pros at my dealership install it. What will I need to pick up, and are there any brands that will look like factory original? I know I need some kind of harness and an I4 fog light kit, but I don't know much else. Would it work if I just used a V6 bumper? I have seen that it both does and does not fit the I4, and I'm really lost. Also, if anyone has done this to their car, is it expensive to do?
I know I will sound like a noob about all of this, but I am a lady that's not good with DIY stuff at all, and my family is against me modifying the car, so I'm completely on my own here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Check with your dealer to make sure they will agree to install the parts that you supply before you proceed with purchasing them.

If you decide to install yourself, do not get power directly from the battery, but tap into a fused circuit that is powered only when the car is on, so the fog lights do not drain the battery if you leave them on after parking the car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi, so I'm thinking about adding fog lights onto my 2010, I have seen a lot of posts about this topic but people seemed to know more already coming in than I do. So I have an LX sedan and I want to add fog lights on the front bumper and have them look like they came from the factory. I am thinking about buying the parts and then having the pros at my dealership install it. What will I need to pick up, and are there any brands that will look like factory original? I know I need some kind of harness and an I4 fog light kit, but I don't know much else. Would it work if I just used a V6 bumper? I have seen that it both does and does not fit the I4, and I'm really lost. Also, if anyone has done this to their car, is it expensive to do?
I know I will sound like a noob about all of this, but I am a lady that's not good with DIY stuff at all, and my family is against me modifying the car, so I'm completely on my own here. :rolleyes:
Since you have the i4 without fog lights, you can either modify your existing bumper (cutting to fit i4 fog lights) or get the v6 bumper and put in v6 fog lights (apparently they are different). Cutting would be the cheapest but I am not sure how hard it is. A new v6 bumper with a high quality paint job will easily be $300-400. If you are dead set on getting fog lights, I would do the v6 bumper and have a shop do it. with it being a 2010 i4, I would just leave it alone or buy a nicer accord.

·
Banned
14,428 Posts
Go to Google and type in:
driveaccord.net 8th Gen how to add fog lights

Start reading! Good ideas, tips, etc...from those who have boldly gone before you. The 8th Gen has been out for 12 years now...someone has done it, posted pics, wrote up install tips, compared features, etc...

I'd refer you to our own search feature but all I'm getting is a thread of some guy on the 9th Gen forum wetting himself because he switched to LED lights in his interior, and he has 3 pictures of the vanity lights in LED.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
352 Posts
Since you have the i4 without fog lights, you can either modify your existing bumper (cutting to fit i4 fog lights) or get the v6 bumper and put in v6 fog lights (apparently they are different). Cutting would be the cheapest but I am not sure how hard it is. A new v6 bumper with a high quality paint job will easily be $300-400. If you are dead set on getting fog lights, I would do the v6 bumper and have a shop do it. with it being a 2010 i4, I would just leave it alone or buy a nicer accord.
The reason I'm thinking of putting them in is because I have only owned the car for 4 weeks and it has only 68,800 miles on it. It's going to be with me for a very long time. :)
I was hoping to buy an 8th gen because I LOVE the look of the fog lights on them. If I do the V6 bumper, how do I find one? Do I get it from a salvage junk yard (lol)? And would I still need a wiring harness thing for it?

Go to Google and type in:
driveaccord.net 8th Gen how to add fog lights

Start reading! Good ideas, tips, etc...from those who have boldly gone before you. The 8th Gen has been out for 12 years now...someone has done it, posted pics, wrote up install tips, compared features, etc...

I'd refer you to our own search feature but all I'm getting is a thread of some guy on the 9th Gen forum wetting himself because he switched to LED lights in his interior, and he has 3 pictures of the vanity lights in LED.
Yeah! I have tried looking, but everyone wants to DIY, and when I googled it I found results for spare parts, and then a thread where they were complaining about how bad the I4 fog light kits look? I couldn't find much that I deemed helpful to my case. :/

·
Registered
310 Posts
The reason I'm thinking of putting them in is because I have only owned the car for 4 weeks and it has only 68,800 miles on it. It's going to be with me for a very long time. :)
I was hoping to buy an 8th gen because I LOVE the look of the fog lights on them. If I do the V6 bumper, how do I find one? Do I get it from a salvage junk yard (lol)? And would I still need a wiring harness thing for it?
Yes you could call around for prices on an OEM bumper for a v6 sedan. You probably won't find one a normal pick-n-pull type place. Not going to be an easy find, but an used OEM v6 bumper with a paint match would be a great route. You'd then need to find a body shop who can wire the used fog lights to your car. They will use the fog light fuse in your existing box. They can have the fog lights turn on automatically (either with the headlights of with the running lights) or they can take the OEM route and have the fog light switch added.

The main issue with that is your fog light switch is supposed to be mounted on the steering wheel stock (where you turn on your headlights). Your current one is not equipped with the fog light switch so they will have to replace and rewire that. That is a little more difficult.

If you go with i4 style fog lights, I found an all-in-one kit that includes that new steering wheel stock. They were asking $200. I am sure several versions exist online, varying in quality and price. Then you would have to find a body shop to install it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts