Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Accord Sedan LX and recently added an aftermarket head unit. It is a basic android head unit. However, it does have an app to link the steering wheel controls circuit to the unit. The steering wheel control line is designated in the instructions along with one for the high and low illumination and brake or parking for the rear cam. I will make use of all of the functions on this unit however I need some help finding the power wire or positive wire for the volume, mode, channel control buttons to use my factory controls. If anyone has a schematic or wiring diagram of the steering wheel controls circuit this would be great!

hi

I was adding the photos to help those with knowledge of these systems to know exactly the type of systems that I am working with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would just download the ASWC1 installation instructions to give you wiring info. I installed an aftermarket stereo and the awsc1 to get steering wheel controls for stereo but cannot remember the color of wires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2010 Accord, same radio wiring. I installed an Android head unit and got the steering wheel controls working with it. No ASWC1 box needed as the Accord uses resistive buttons. A single cable carries all signals (Vol +, Vol -, Ch +, Ch - and Mode) by varying the resistance.

See my post, with pictures:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda Accord 8th gen Android HU wiring w/steering wheel controls

Wires on aftermarket radio harness

The speaker lines are 8 lines in 4 color pairs each pair is single color (+) each speaker ground wire will have a black line on the matching color line, (green, gray, purple, white).

The power line accessory line is red, ground is black, yellow is 12 volt DC constant. blue is for a power antenna if you have one, orange black will connect to your steering wheel pink wire{the pink wire on your stock harness that your 8th gen accord is born with} (you will need to splice or just remove the insulation solder the line). For the brown wire just connect it to ground the black wire. Also you want to hookup the brown wire from the stock harness to ground. (This will help get the steering wheel controls setup to work on the radio as the radio only needs the one key wire. You will notice that in the middle lower part of the screen while in the steering wheel controls setup you will see a yellow number which will change and be different for each key pressed. If you have the wires right then you will be able to set multiple keys confirmed by check marks in each key square box.) The Pink wire is the trigger wire for the reverse cam and hooks up to the red wire on the yellow rca plug. Orange wire I did not connect.

Reverse cam find the reverse light positive it should be blue and just run the ground to the ground point on the left or right side either revers positive line will do. Connect the positive wire of the power jack and the trigger line together and then run a line from the reverse light positive lead to the two wires you joined.

I think this should help

·
2010 2.4EX
127 Posts
I was looking at Crutchfield for head units compatible with my 2010 Accord EX. plenty of options out there, plus they sell the harnesses and dash bezels compatible with the factory climate control and a harness to put between the aftermarket radio and the factory steering wheel harness.

Crutchfield may not be the leaders on low prices, but they will guide you to making the right choices for aftermarket upgrades to audio, navigation, speakers and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts