Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm done with 72,000kms on the odo.

After my oil cooler install, thought it was prudent to install this tranny cooler as well. Might squeeze out a few more kms from the Honda auto gearbox.
The highly antagonistic weather and desert conditions this side warrant installation of all manners of coolers on your car; I might want to install a power steering one later ;)

A lot of good ideas on this can be retrieved for all those who are interested, from the 6th gen thread - (thread title, The Continuing Saga of .." with knowledge enhacing and valuable input by the likes of wardenr, FredSVT, Cajun, etc

Attaching some pics for your perusal:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
argus,

Great job and thanks for the pics...might come in handy someday. I was in Saudi for 7 months (years ago) and agree that "antagonistic" is a good term for the conditions your car operates in.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice job man, are you gonna swtich to a synthetic atf?
thanks! I will switch to a synthetic ATF once I can find a source for that here..we are quite limited in choice here, so thought I'd stick with a 3 time drain and refill of the (as others before me have accurately described it) Honda Z1 a.k.a dinosaur oil.

argus,

Great job and thanks for the pics...might come in handy someday. I was in Saudi for 7 months (years ago) and agree that "antagonistic" is a good term for the conditions your car operates in.
Cajun, thanks! Yeah, these places in the desert are not too 'friendly' when it comes to cars. The front fascia of my car has already been 'sand-blasted' and the lacquer-finish on the paint is all but gone!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great work argus

I live in the UAE man, now i'm actually considering these mods.
Are you facing any problems with these 2 coolers? are they making any noise?

Regarding the "sand-blasting" :) and since i face the same problem over here if not worse, i got a Maxguard paint protection coat from my dealer. Considering the amount of sand storms and drives through the desert, i think the paint quality is still pretty good

One last thing; you should install a grill in front of those coolers man. it's not too expensive and it'll hide them nicely.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ thanks nadram. Nice car! :)
One other DA member, Arash, is also living in the UAE; hit him up and arrange a meet between you two at least. I'll come down sometime in April, and meet up with the both of you!
No problems with the coolers till date. I haven't been on a long trip yet, but went up the mountains to put strain on both and see if car over-heated by any standards, or if any of the cooler connections developed any leaks etc, but thankfully nothing. Will brave a long trip next weekend - a 1200 km drive to Muscat!
Most of my front end was hewn off by the sand during trips to/from Dubai, and Muscat, so it'll have to be a repaint to fix my issues! Will check your Maxguard thingie once we meet up and might get it after I re-paint.
I was looking to get the Odyssey grille to install in the lower half (partially to cover up the coolers and to protect them from the elements) and partially to match with the top grille, but the Honda guys down here aren't giving me that, without actually purchasing the whole bumper..&&^%$..anyways, can you get a hold of the Honda Odyssey lower bumper Grille there, from Al-Futtaim?

·
Registered
147 Posts
trying to find out about the grill :)
they're closed now
i'll call later today and let you know

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered