Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Honda Accord V6 surges at highway cruising or 24,000 RPMs (73-75MPH). This also happens also at or around 40MPH. The "surging" is noticeable while driving and the RPM gauge shows maybe a 100 PRM change. The speed does not change as all. This also happens when using Cruise Control. The transmission works flawlessly in all other situations. I changed the throttle body and the foot pedal thinking it was throttle related. When I did a 9 quart transmission oil change, it did symptoms did get less but did not go away. When I changed the fluid, the old fluid smelled good and "unburnt" and the there were no signs of metal on transmission pan plug. Please help... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Mileage on car ? Maybe a shift solenoid problem (?). On the 7th. gen. V6 they had to be changed more often. The 8th. gen. seemed to of had that problem fixed though. Welcome to DA.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,965 Posts
I'd do a 2nd maybe 3rd drain & fill, if you noticed an improvement with 1x. The RPM surge is also a sign of slipping. It doesn't necessarily mean that the box is near failure but maintenance is required ,,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts