Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to breath some new life into my 08 Accord EXL V6 with 90k plus miles, new timing belt and rebuilt transmission. It drives like new and looks clean. Too clean. So, I've added a bug deflector to save my third windshield and wind deflector because I'm driving this baby to the gulf coast at least twice this summer and I like driving at night with an open roof. My next add on is a AM decklid spoiler which I plan to mount myself without making holes. Can anyone suggest the right 3M tape for it's application and where I can purchase it, on or off line. I've seen tapes in home improvement stores, but I know that there are a variety of pressure and heat sensitive tapes that are used specifically for automotive installations. Which would be the right one for this application? HELP!

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Use 3M automotive trim tape, but surface prep is key.

I've had mine on since 08

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and one more thing. How long have you had your LED tail lights? I thought about adding some to the rejuvenation, but I'm concerned about longevity and bulb replacement.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Had them since 2010, so far so good. LED lights get dimmer over time, they usually don't blow out like incandescent bulbs. They use Philips lighting, should last

1 - 4 of 4 Posts