Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 91 accord coupe thats been lowered an inch and a half. i bought a megan racing adjustable upper control arm for the rear (which works great), but i cant find a decent kit for the front. anybody have any suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Why did you get the rear upper control arm? Are you trying to add more negative camber, because that is the only reason to buy the rear upper control arm. You can correct the negative camber that you get from lowering by simply installing washers on the stock rear upper control arm until it is at the proper alignment.

For the front, you have a couple options.

Ingalls Anchor bolt
This will help correct the negative camber in the front, however, it creates a weak point because the upper control arm is old.

However, TASauto.com offers a better solution...
Upper control arm and camber correction
This includes the upper control arm and camber correction.

If it were me, I would leave it alone. You aren't really at a ride height where the camber will cause excessive wear. As long as you have the toe in spec then the wear will be minimal. My car has been lowered around 2 inches for over three years with no camber correction. I constantly have -3 degrees in the front and between -1.5 and -2 degrees in the rear. Tires last over a year with high mileage driving. But, if you want it, then get it. It's a good idea to have new control arms anyways. Don't forget about the lower control arms and balljoints, since those take a lot of stress.

Or, do you want more negative camber? If you do, then you can install Honda Civic STOCK EF front upper control arms and this will increase the negative camber of the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts