Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with my moms car not starting. It would turn over but not start. The fuel pump wasn't running. I checked voltage at the pump and it wasn't any there. I traced it back to the main relay not having power from the ignition switch. But all of a sudden it cranked and ran. Before I could get it swapped out my uncle took it to the shop and they put a pump in it. It ran but soon started the no crank issue again. Now along with the no crank issue the radiator fan just comes on by it self. I replaced the ignition switch but it's still giving me cranking problems and the fan will start even with the engine cold and run the battery down. I caught them running once and unplugged both temp sending units and it didn't stop. Only stopped when I removed the battery cable. Any ideas? Also when it starts it idles up and down. I removed the IACV and cleaned it and made sure it was working. All that seemed ok. Has low power when you take off from a dead stop. I ipicked up the gaskets for the VTEC soliniod which iI plan on cleaning this week along with cleaning the EGR system, setting the valves and setting the timing Also I checked the voltage on both the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor. Both were like they were supposed to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone got a schematic of the fuel wiring from the ignition switch back? It wouldn't run the pump earlier so I pulled the main relay to check it. I checked it like I found step by step instructions online and couldn't get anything out of it which means the internet was wrong (imagine that). When I plugged it back in the relays were pulling in but no pump running. I switched it off and back on a couple of times and all of a sudden heard what sounded like a relay under the hood pull in and the pump started. The relay under the hood had a delay in pulling in to start with but seems ok for now. Untill it does this crap again.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I think that relay is notorious for having problems. replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which one? I've had this issue before and replace the main really but it didn't help so I stuck the old one back in. A few turns of the key later and it started working. Is there a relay under the hood that feeds the pump?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts