Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just purchased a 95 Accord EX 4 cylinder Sedan with leather to replace my wrecked 94, I noticed the ABS light came on and I jumped the codes with a paperclip and filmed it. I have a question about the ABS I think it is a 1-8 and a 2-1 code. Here is a link to the video for the codes. Does that look like the right codes and what do those mean? (High Pressure System and Parking Brake Switch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i9UHlAl0lA&feature=youtu.be

Also is it normal for the SRS light to be flashing like it is non stop when I am checking the codes?

And another question is I am attaching some photos of the instrument cluster and the weird raised up or swirls near some of the screws, what does that look like, normal or what? Why would it look like that?:dunno:

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I had a 94 Accord wagon that had an ABS light illuminated. Check your brake fluid level. The master cylinders tend to develop very slow leaks and filling the reservoir will extinguish the light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95 Accord ABS Unit low on fluid

Hello, does anyone know if I can refill the ABS Unit (Modulator Unit) just as I would fill up the regular brake fluid? It is low well below the MIN mark. Do you have to do anything special after adding fluid to this such as bleed the brake system, or the Modulator Unit itself?

This could be what is triggering the ABS trouble codes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts