Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 95 Honda Accord and two years ago re-charged the ac with R134. The car has been over heating since this was done on 40 minute road trips. I'm assuming it has too much R134, but when I put a gauge on it to test it, it says it's over 250 when the ac is off and it reads at 0 when the ac is on. This overheating issue only started after re-filling the ac. Is it possible I need the system flushed of everything? I have had the radiator flushed, new belts replaced and the thermostat. I took it to a shop and all they said was the freon was full and ac is working, but soon after it stopped working and only blows warm air.
The car ran awesome before the refill.

·
Registered
149 Posts
95 AC problem

The car over heats only when the AC is on?
Does your car have a second rad fan for AC and does it work with AC on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The A/C is completely separate from the cooling system. They act independently of each other. Are both fans working? The A/C fan not working would be the only thing that could cause the car to overheat. Too much refrigerant could cause the A/C to not blow cold, premature failure of the compressor, etc. It could even be dangerous if it's too much, but it will not have anything to do with your car overheating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts