Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fifth gen 96' Accord 2.2L 4-cylinder automatic, is there any kind of swap I can do to any possible V6 or even a beefier 4-cylinder engine that wouldn't be extremely expensive and difficult to do? Is it even worth doing on a four-speed automatic? I don't really care for the extra length on the stock fifth gen Accord with a V6 in it.. I've read that someone has done a swap with this body style using an Acura CL 3.0L V6, but I'm new to it all, and I'd probably be learning from scratch. I'd have help from my dad, who's been an automotive technical for 25+ years if I needed the help, but is there anything that is WORTH doing? Or am I better off sticking with the 4-cylinder, and doing any modifications to increase performance? Thanks guys. This isn't a "sure" thing, my Accord has 204,000 miles on it and I'm not even sure I'll keep it, just wanted to know what's possible and worth doing, and who knows, it may even be fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.