Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I got into an accident in my 97 accord causing the front end of my car to bend in a bit. This in turn caused one of the plastic tubes on the top tank to break off making a hole. I've been working hard to get back on my feet after some unfortunate circumstances so I'm low on cash. I wanted to know possible inexpensive and efficient options for fixing this problem. I've seen people post that you can possibly replace the top tank at a cheaper price, but unfortunately can not seem to locate a place that carries them. I've also been considering a used radiator from a junked car, though I've been having difficulties finding one, is that advisable? I appreciate the time taken to read this post, and am extremely grateful for any help.

I also wanted to know if there were any other models that may share this radiator size and type, possibly making parts easier to attain. Thank you agian.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
The most cost effective way is to replace the radiator, the DENSO 221‑3200 is $50 on Rock Auto and Amazon. Can not get much cheaper than that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much greg1c. I do believe this is probably my best bet. I really appreciate it brotha.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A couple weeks ago I got into an accident in my 97 accord causing the front end of my car to bend in a bit. This in turn caused one of the plastic tubes on the top tank to break off making a hole. I've been working hard to get back on my feet after some unfortunate circumstances so I'm low on cash. I wanted to know possible inexpensive and efficient options for fixing this problem. I've seen people post that you can possibly replace the top tank at a cheaper price, but unfortunately can not seem to locate a place that carries them. I've also been considering a used radiator from a junked car, though I've been having difficulties finding one, is that advisable? I appreciate the time taken to read this post, and am extremely grateful for any help. View attachment 515922

I also wanted to know if there were any other models that may share this radiator size and type, possibly making parts easier to attain. Thank you agian.
A couple weeks ago I got into an accident in my 97 accord causing the front end of my car to bend in a bit. This in turn caused one of the plastic tubes on the top tank to break off making a hole. I've been working hard to get back on my feet after some unfortunate circumstances so I'm low on cash. I wanted to know possible inexpensive and efficient options for fixing this problem. I've seen people post that you can possibly replace the top tank at a cheaper price, but unfortunately can not seem to locate a place that carries them. I've also been considering a used radiator from a junked car, though I've been having difficulties finding one, is that advisable? I appreciate the time taken to read this post, and am extremely grateful for any help. View attachment 515922

I have one for my 97 Accord, it is Chinese made. No problems with it. Easy to install

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts