Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right rear turn signal works fine. I swapped the right turn signal bulb to the left - but, left still not working.
The flasher works everything except the same left rear turn signal. I metered the voltage to the housing on the left and right contacts, both pulsate between 10.5 and 4.5 volts. The left turn 4and right turn dash indicators both blink normally with and without the bulbs in the housing - the left rear does not blink faster than the right rear - which I thought is odd. I happened to discover the left rear turn signal wasn't working when the right rear brake light burned out. Anyone have any thoughts on how a housing can have power and a good bulb still not blink?

This looks like a great forum so even though I've gotten no responses, I thought I'd post what I've discovered so far in the hope this helps someone else.
I rechecked the bulbs - all good. I checked the voltage to the turn signal housings - both the left (problem side) and the right. Both show pulsating voltage as the turn signals blink.
On a lark, with the left blinker on, I touched a bare jumper wire from the outside casing, (ground), of the turn signal to the outside casing of the running light - and to my surprise, the left turn signal started blinking bright abd steady.
But, when I ran the jumper to the outside casing on one of the other lights = nothing - the turn signal light doesn't blink.
So even though my multi-meter shows voltage where the left turn signal bulb makes contact inside the housing, it appears something is amiss related to the ground of that left signal housing. What I'm not sure of now is... can I run a permanent jumper between the ground wires of the left turn signal and the running light without causing a new problem? Note: I didn’t try this jumper test with the running light turned on!

Left rear turn signal is not working. The right rear turn signal works fine. I swapped the right turn signal bulb to the left - but, left still not working.
The flasher works everything except the same left rear turn signal. I metered the voltage to the housing on the left and right contacts, both pulsate between 10.5 and 4.5 volts. The left turn 4and right turn dash indicators both blink normally with and without the bulbs in the housing - the left rear does not blink faster than the right rear - which I thought is odd. I happened to discover the left rear turn signal wasn't working when the right rear brake light burned out. Anyone have any thoughts on how a housing can have power and a good bulb still not blink?

This looks like a great forum so even though I've gotten no responses, I thought I'd post what I've discovered so far in the hope this helps someone else.
I rechecked the bulbs - all good. I checked the voltage to the turn signal housings - both the left (problem side) and the right. Both show pulsating voltage as the turn signals blink.
On a lark, with the left blinker on, I touched a bare jumper wire from the outside casing, (ground), of the turn signal to the outside casing of the running light - and to my surprise, the left turn signal started blinking bright and steady.
But, when I ran the jumper to the outside casing on one of the other lights = nothing - the turn signal light doesn't blink.
So even though my multi-meter shows voltage where the left turn signal bulb makes contact inside the housing, it appears something is amiss related to the ground of that left signal housing. What I'm not sure of now is... can I run a permanent jumper between the ground wires of the left turn signal and the running light without causing a new problem? Note: I didn’t try this jumper test with the running light turned on!

·
8th Gen Believer
3,952 Posts
Welcome to DA. I think you've stumped us!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts