Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver window will go down but not up. I have replaced the motor for the window a few times now within about 6 months. Each time I replace it, it works for a few days to a couple weeks and slowly dies but will always go down with no prob. Has the wiring gone bad? If so, I have a haynes manual and have looked at the diagrams. Would it be very expensive or difficult to rewire my window?? Nothing can be worse then the multiple times other people have accidently rolled it down and then I've had to spend considerable time cranking it back up and putting the door back together...while silently cursing whoever rolled it down.

· '97 Accord LX Wagon
25 Posts
I just purchased my Accord about a month ago and the window never stays on track and has a very hard time rolling up.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the driver's side window a manual setup. I've always hated power windows... just another electronic thing that can break.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be fine with that. Something to look into. I thougt about just leaving it unplugged but that cuts off power to all four windows and also makes it possible for the window to be pushed down from the outside with little effort, ultimately rendering the car "open" at all times.

· '97 Accord LX Wagon
25 Posts
I don't think it's the wiring. Before I bought my 97 Accord, many MANY of the consumer reviews mentioned something about the motor not being strong enough to push the window back up. So I am guessing that is the issue... and there is really nothing you can do about it except keep replacing the motor. It's annoying, but it is what it is.

I wonder if the motor can be replaced with a different year motor?

· dont deviate
356 Posts
Sux to have an issue like that. 2 things you can try. u can try replacing the switch. ive read before that the switch just goes bad and a simple replacement fixes that problem. maybe try gettin one at a junkyard.

another thing for slow window movement in general is to lubricate the old, dry weather stripping and window track. at walmart u can buy CRC heavy duty silicone spray, and spray everywhere the window touches, and spray a lot into crevices and channels.

· Registered
185 Posts
So is the motor dieing? Or does it work fine? Reason Im asking is because maybe the track is build up with residue. Spray some wd40 on the track, make it a little easier to slide when coming up. If the motor is dieing all the time then I have no idea what the cause of that is.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, sorry I havnt been back on the forum for a little while.

That's a good idea about the switch. I'll check into that.

And also a good idea about a diff year motor.

Gbstylez87 - the motor slowly dies for going up. It never dies for going down...this is what led me to wonder about either bad wiring or it possibly touching a wire that it shouldn't because it goes down quickly and normally but slows down on the way up and eventually dies. This is the case with each motor that was tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.